• DJI RC Motion 3 Firmware: V01.00.0200
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 Firmware: V01.00.0300
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: V02.07.0000
  • DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller Firmware: V01.03.0100
  • DJI Fly App: V1.14.2

What’s New
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft, remote control device, and goggles after the firmware update is complete.
  • Note that the firmware update may reset various flight parameters such as RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the firmware update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote control device, goggles, and the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series), and try again.

Overview
  • Date: 2024.09.05
  • DJI Neo Firmware: V01.00.0100
  • DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller Firmware: V01.03.0100
  • DJI Goggles 3 Firmware: V01.00.0400
  • DJI RC Motion 3 Firmware: V01.00.0200
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller 3 Firmware: V01.00.0300
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: V02.07.0000
  • DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller Firmware: V01.03.0100
  • DJI Fly App: V1.14.0

What’s New
  • Added support for DirectionTrack, recording audio via app, and voice control when using Mobile App Control.
  • Added support for DJI Goggles 3, DJI RC Motion 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3.
  • Added support for DJI RC 2 and DJI RC-N2 remote controller.
  • Optimized overall image quality.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft, remote control device, and goggles after the firmware update is complete.
  • Note that the firmware update may reset various flight parameters such as RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the firmware update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote control device, goggles, and the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series), and try again.

9-5 05:23
Use props
fichek
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1230636 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Fantastic job DJI making this cheap little drone compatible with all these control options on day one!

Any way we could get audio recording in DJI Fly for other drones?
9-5 07:14
Use props
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 643543 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fichek Posted at 9-5 07:14
Fantastic job DJI making this cheap little drone compatible with all these control option on day one!

YES! Day one compatibility is awesome! Getting mine tomorrow. Perfect for my real estate jobs.
9-5 07:38
Use props
djiuser_zZSVdMlj6m4c
lvl.2

Spain

Please add support for Googles 2 and FPV RC2.
9-5 11:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic job DJI making this cheap little drone compatible with all these control options on day one!

+1 to get audio recording in DJI Fly for other drones please.  
9-5 13:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fantastic job DJI making this cheap little drone compatible with all these control options on day one!

Hi there,

Glad to hear you are happy with the compatibility provided for DJI Neo. Thank You for your feedback, we will forward this information to the relevant team for evaluation.
If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
9-5 18:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlSo-Fotografie Posted at 9-5 07:38
YES! Day one compatibility is awesome! Getting mine tomorrow. Perfect for my real estate jobs.

Hi there,

That’s great to hear! We’re excited that the DJI Neo will be perfect for your real estate work. Enjoy your new drone and let us know if you have any questions. Thank You.
9-5 18:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_zZSVdMlj6m4c Posted at 9-5 11:14

Hi there,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Unfortunately, it is not supported at the moment. Thank You for your feedback, we will forward this information to the relevant team for evaluation.
9-5 18:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 13:48

Hi there,

Sure, Thank You for your feedback, we will add your request too and forward this information to the relevant team for evaluation.
9-5 18:37
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

We need full Support for all FPV Googles/ Remotes, also Google V2. There is no reason to buy any newer Googles for hundreds of dollers for this cheap Drone. DJI Avata 1 Users with Google V2 Setup have no chance. An no, iam not willing to buy newer googles and remotes for this drone.
9-5 23:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Minime0815 Posted at 9-5 23:47
We need full Support for all FPV Googles/ Remotes, also Google V2. There is no reason to buy any newer Googles for hundreds of dollers for this cheap Drone. DJI Avata 1 Users with Google V2 Setup have no chance. An no, iam not willing to buy newer googles and remotes for this drone.

Hi there,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments.

Thank you for your support and understanding.
9-6 00:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-5 18:37
Hi there,

Sure, Thank You for your feedback, we will add your request too and forward this information to the relevant team for evaluation.

Thanks Gamora for considering this valid request.  
9-6 02:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 02:00
Thanks Gamora for considering this valid request.

No worries, stay tuned for the latest release updates on the official DJI website or DJI Forum. Thank you.
9-6 03:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-6 03:02
No worries, stay tuned for the latest release updates on the official DJI website or DJI Forum. Thank you.

I'll keep an eye out for any updates.  I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
9-6 03:43
Use props
axgrf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14162188 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please add the possibility to disable EIS and shoot in 4:3 4K to the Neo! I bought the drone with the intention to shoot unstabilized 4:3 videos and photos, but it's not possible without the DJI Goggles 3. Very disappointing, considering it's mentioned nowhere! Please add this option to the app and to the firmware of the drone.
9-6 04:49
Use props
Voidvortex
lvl.3
Indonesia

axgrf Posted at 9-6 04:49
Please add the possibility to disable EIS and shoot in 4:3 4K to the Neo! I bought the drone with the intention to shoot unstabilized 4:3 videos and photos, but it's not possible without the DJI Goggles 3. Very disappointing, considering it's mentioned nowhere! Please add this option to the app and to the firmware of the drone.

4:3 photo is there in the mobile app
The 4:3 video actually just add black bars to the left and right, so you actually loses resolution. Good enough for fpv but not for upload
9-6 16:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 13:48

Have you seen any samples on the audio feature?    Ive yet to hear a sample.
9-6 23:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

axgrf Posted at 9-6 04:49

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. When using DJI Neo with DJI Goggles 3, EIS is supported, including Rock Steady and Horizon Balancing. EIS can be turned off. When DJI Neo is connected to DJI Fly or DJI RC-N3, EIS will be automatically enabled and cannot be turned off. However when the aspect ratio is set to 4:3, EIS is not available.

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
9-7 00:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 23:38
Have you seen any samples on the audio feature?    Ive yet to hear a sample.

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. In Mobile App Control, DJI Neo supports audio recording via DJI Fly. More functions such as voice control and audio capture via app are also supported. I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
9-7 00:43
Use props
fichek
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Croatia

Have you seen any samples on the audio feature?    Ive yet to hear a sample.

Several reviews I've seen had samples with phone recording and/or with Mic 2. Mic 2 sounds like it just has noise cancelling cranked up, there's zero prop noise. Sounds pretty decent for vlogs, but I'd personally stick to leaving a bit of drone sound in there. Phone recordings sounded a bit crap, but probably due to phones being used.
9-7 01:08
Use props
djiuser_lQftofRUVEs7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 963287 ft
Poland

Hi, I have a little suggestion, I think that it could be nice if DIJ neo could recognize USB storage, and after pluging a USB stick in neo it would automatically transfer all media from internal storage to USB stick. I
I understand that it could be impossible because of hardware capabilities, but if it's only a metter of software, then it would be a nice feature to add in updated. What do you guys think about this?
9-7 02:50
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_lQftofRUVEs7 Posted at 9-7 02:50
Hi, I have a little suggestion, I think that it could be nice if DIJ neo could recognize USB storage, and after pluging a USB stick in neo it would automatically transfer all media from internal storage to USB stick. I
I understand that it could be impossible because of hardware capabilities, but if it's only a metter of software, then it would be a nice feature to add in updated. What do you guys think about this?

Hi there
Thank you for your recommendations.

On our end, we'll voice this feedback and concern to our corresponding team.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. Have a good day!

9-7 03:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Have you seen any samples on the audio feature?    Ive yet to hear a sample.

I saw one video that demo'd it but now I'm not able to find it.  this is not the same on but might give you an idea of the audio at about 1:26.  

9-7 06:36
Use props
djiuser_uduObdkLMLtW
lvl.1

Germany

Please add more picture and video settings. And also make it saveable, so the settings are saved and can be used without the controller. Please more settings (sharpness saturation brightness...... and so on. Please give more options to the user
9-7 13:45
Use props
Anglo Lordown
lvl.1
Australia

Please! I bought this without really reading into the compatibility with FPV controller 2  and Goggles 2. I am really really looking forward to flying this with my avata gear. Regards,
Anglo
9-7 15:32
Use props
fichek
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_lQftofRUVEs7 Posted at 9-7 02:50
I understand that it could be impossible because of hardware capabilities, but if it's only a metter of software, then it would be a nice feature to add in updated. What do you guys think about this?

I love the idea. Not sure if it can act as USB host device, but if it can, they 100% need to implement this.
9-7 16:03
Use props
pospile
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello guys, the support for Google V2 is must have for me! Amazing little drone, but without support for my 1st gen Avata gear I will not buy it.
Thanks!
9-7 17:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-7 06:36
I saw one video that demo'd it but now I'm not able to find it.  this is not the same on but might give you an idea of the audio at about 1:26.  

thanks,    I was under the illusion that the Neo would record sound and remove the prop noise,  sadly I see thats not the case.  
9-7 23:25
Use props
TheSkyIsForYou
lvl.1
Poland

One more suggestion idea that comes to my mind is option to use app landscape with transparent controls overlay and physical volume buttons as for example camera gimbal control.
9-8 01:08
Use props
fans4bee3bea
lvl.1

Australia

I’d echo the request for Goggles 2 and RC FPV 2 support please at some point.

I do appreciate the Avata 2 support that was implemented  for Goggles //RC FPV 2 the other day (even tho you can’t buy an Avata 2 in Australia just by itself…) but I just can’t justify buying additional goggles and controller for $900 to fly a $300 drone.

I and many others are happy to buy a Neo now if you could just indicate that support will be coming at some point. Some people say it’s not technically possible or to do so - but you managed it with the Avata 2.

Thank you for reading this. And making great drones!
9-8 02:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 23:25
thanks,    I was under the illusion that the Neo would record sound and remove the prop noise,  sadly I see thats not the case.

You're welcome.  It could be added in a forthcoming FW update.  
9-8 04:06
Use props
fichek
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 23:25

Prop noise is definitely being removed, not by Neo recording its own audio (it doesn't even have a mic afaict) and removing that, but simply by filtering audio at the frequency of its prop noise. Result is still the same.
9-8 04:30
Use props
Anglo Lordown
lvl.1
Australia

Please add support for Goggles 2 and FPV controller 2
9-8 05:06
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suggestion for DJI: Add D-Cinelike color profile for a little more flexibility in color grading.
9-8 07:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 9-8 04:30
Prop noise is definitely being removed, not by Neo recording its own audio (it doesn't even have a mic afaict) and removing that, but simply by filtering audio at the frequency of its prop noise. Result is still the same.

Yes but thats all in an app on your phone that records the audio and uploads to the Neo,   so if I fly a little way away Im not capturing the sound the Neo can hear,   so if I fly up to a water fall and expect to record the crashing water Im just getting the ambient noise from where Im standing.  
9-8 08:03
Use props
fichek
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 08:03
Yes but thats all in an app on your phone that records the audio and uploads to the Neo,   so if I fly a little way away Im not capturing the sound the Neo can hear,   so if I fly up to a water fall and expect to record the crashing water Im just getting the ambient noise from where Im standing.

Oh yeah, that's definitely never gonna happen on such a small drone.
9-8 10:21
Use props
TheSkyIsForYou
lvl.1
Poland

I know that for FPV DJI would like us to buy fpv controller and goggles, but I think that adding (if it doesn't have it - my neo is coming tomorrow) fpv mode feature in DJI fly app (locking the gimbal, and turning off horizontal stabilization) would make it enough for rc-n3 users to get that true fpv like feeling.
And for those who have fpv controller and goggles that feature would free them from taking it for a simple fpv shots, and would give possibility to fly fpv in vlos.
Am I right, or does that feature would be worthless?
9-8 12:44
Use props
Voidvortex
lvl.3
Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 08:03
Yes but thats all in an app on your phone that records the audio and uploads to the Neo,   so if I fly a little way away Im not capturing the sound the Neo can hear,   so if I fly up to a water fall and expect to record the crashing water Im just getting the ambient noise from where Im standing.

Also bear in mind that a mic in the drone always means that prop noise will be closer to the mic than any of your subject. That amount of noise filtering might produce garbage and not be wortwhile
9-8 17:28
Use props
DangerousRen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Canada

Anglo Lordown Posted at 9-8 05:06
Please add support for Goggles 2 and FPV controller 2

Please do so I just bought the g2 and before I bought the neo !!  It can’t be possible to look it up to only g3 !! Keep the avata 2 for g3 but let us use are g2 at least !!
9-8 17:32
Use props
Noboru Tanaka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696 ft

Japan

Hi, Is there "turtle mode" for remote recovery?
9-8 17:58
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules