Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin M and the new Follow Focus
1990 5 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbuining
lvl.2

Netherlands

When a Panasonic GH4 is used on the Ronin, do you need an extra motor turning the Lens?

Or will the focus be turned biy the intern motor, just like with the Inspire X5
2015-9-21
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For Ronin it seems  we'll need the wireless  lens motor controller too, no matter of what camera is used, as on Inspire the lens is controlled via DJI GO app.
The DJI assistant app doesn't feature camera control and DJI GO app is compatible only with certain DJI aerial platforms, not Ronin.
2015-9-21
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Sounds like you have things mixed? No ronin focus or even touches the lens. Moves just the camera body.. I think you posted in the wrong forum. If you are talking about a Ronin, you will need to buy a remote follow focus and there are several that also can move the Zoom of a lens and Focus..
2015-9-22
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

It is quite clear he's addressing a legit question, in the right forum. The new DJI Focus system works with Inspire 1 / Zenmuse X5 using just DJI Focus remote controller, via the DJI GO app. For Ronin - M and GH4 (or any other camera) you will need to purchase also the DJI FOCUS wireless lens controller system.
2015-9-26
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

If you are using a non- af len then yes, else you can RC your GH4 's Zoom and focus with the panasonic app
2015-10-11
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Interesting, Never saw that product and I am in the market for a Follow Focus system.. Any ideas when it is coming out? Sure would like to read some reviews when it does. I have my eye on the Ikan system at the moment.
PS, Just saw it on the BH page, Quite expensive,$1999.00, considering there are similar products cheaper already with pretty good reviews. If they would have sold this for under 1500.00 us$ I think they would get a lot more bites, Considering RedRock and Ikan have really good systems for around the same price, not sure how many they will sell until some reviews come out..

2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules