POI/Orbit of large building
1291 2 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briankiser
lvl.2

I attempted the POI/Orbit feature on the new DJI software.  

I would say that it works wonderfully, but the larger the orbit, the more you may have to manually fine tune the rotation of the Phantom during flight to insure that the object of interest stays in the center of the screen.

I chose to do the Capitol Building of Kentucky, which is a very large rectangle shaped buidling, but notice during my flight there were small adjustments to keep the building dome section in the center of the video.  This is not a complaint as this features works excellent only needing minor adjustments during flight - it really takes the headache out of manually orbiting!

Thanks,
Brian

2015-9-21
Use props
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Very nice, great video. Love this POI feature!
2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I placed the cursor at the point of the dome in the beginning and let it run the full length.  It didn't vary by much, but did move around.  It almost looked like the app chooses numerous waypoints in a rough circle and then flies from point to point, not perfectly circular.

You might also consider that your gimbal my not be exactly centered.  I know mine is not.  If I fly directly overhead I can see that the camera is pointed off to the left of straight ahead.  This also shows up if I accelerate full speed with the camera up.  I see the left arm only, not the right.  I'ts obviously off-center.  This will obviously shift the center of the image off when I initiate a POI flight.  I don't know if the set screw mod needs to be attempted, or what.  The gimbal has been calibrated several times.
2015-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules