123Next >
9243 106 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Me and other guys are noticing that P3 don't fly straight after latest firmware update. We've done all the calibration needed and I've checked also if the stick input was correct with flights replays and they were. Is DJI informed about this issue? Is a weird issue because is quiet impossible to take good shots if the bird don't fly straight.

This is the thread on PP where we talk about that. Also on rc group some people complain about this issue.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/53754/

I think if who own a P3A check about this using a street or something straight as reference, will notice a drift like us.
2015-9-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I can confirm this happening on my P3 Pro too, and i tried everything in the book to correct it but nothing worked.

There is for sure a problem with the firmware as when you go forward it drifts to the left and you have to correct it and again and again its damn annoying.

DJI are you listening ? Tim or dave can you relay and give feedback please ?
2015-9-21
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-22 07:53
I can confirm this happening on my P3 Pro too, and i tried everything in the book to correct it but  ...

Yes exactly drift to the left for me too! I thought it was only on P3A but i was wrong
2015-9-21
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-22 15:53
I can confirm this happening on my P3 Pro too, and i tried everything in the book to correct it but  ...

Hmmm interesting I thought this was occurring to me as well but shrugged it off as strong wind at the time I'm gonna do as Steve suggested and fly down a road and check it out.
2015-9-21
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-22 13:53

it started on mine too after the fw update and all recals done, including RC
2015-9-21
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its being sorted ...

Its not affecting everyone and also, strangely, not happening every time for those who have experienced the issue.

Regardless, its clearly a bug and will be squashed shortly.

2015-9-21
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263317 ft
United States

I've been noticing the same thing since the firmware upgrade.  I seriously thought it was just me and I've called and emailed support and they just keep telling me to calibrate the IMU.  Which I do every flight, along with the compass and gimble.  It's getting ridiculous and pretty annoying when I travel so far to get some good footage then have to fight the bird to flight straight.  What do we know about "downgrading" the firmware....is it doable?  I'd rather fly straight than have the additional flight modes at this point...
2015-9-21
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-22 09:00
Its being sorted ...

Its not affecting everyone and also, strangely, not happening every time for ...

I haven't found any thread about this issue. That's strange because for me is a major problem, taking good shots in these conditions is hard because is necessary to correct continuosly while performing a simple straight line with the bird. I hope DJI as you wrote, will sort this as soon as possible

PS: could you answer me about gimbal pitch on your thread? thanks sploodge
2015-9-21
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

dji2 Posted at 2015-9-22 09:19
I've been noticing the same thing since the firmware upgrade.  I seriously thought it was just me an ...

i've thought to downgrade too but i wouldn't, hoping that a fix will come asap
2015-9-21
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-22 15:29
i've thought to downgrade too but i wouldn't hoping that a fix will come asap

I think the only thing DJI does "ASAP" is release new products for us to spend money on...the support of said products is definitely not done "ASAP".  Still waiting on a bad battery that they certified as bad several weeks ago and said they would be shipping out a replacement within 2 days....it's now about 12....
2015-9-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-22 15:00
Its being sorted ...

Its not affecting everyone and also, strangely, not happening every time for ...

Ok so where Did you get this information from, can I assume you work for DJI to accept your claim ?
2015-9-22
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi Everybody.

Im the user that, i think, report this issue, on "Rcgroups" and "PhantomPilots". I did came from 1.1.9Fw, the update to 1.4 was smooth and also the 300A, to 1.3.2.0, with no problems.
Made 2 calibrations IMU but the problem continues....sometimes very subtly, others a very noticeable drifting to the left side.

I must say all the rest works flawless including POI, i have about 20 flights and a very good experience background with little drones.
All setups, like Gimball, IMU, compass, you name it are checked, ok and normal. In fact, even app 2.1.0 is the most stable for me, so far.

So, again, i confirm this issue, also some users from others foruns, so, i ask DJI engineers to check this problem and solve it.

If it helps, i update from 1.1.9fw directly to 1.4. The RC used is 300A version. Anything we could help, please ask!

Its very annoying  feel the drone flying not centered, and sometimes even drifting, ruining filmages, and putting on danger the drone and people when passing by near a monument or obstacle....

Thank you!

StevenQX: Nice iniciative and tread!
2015-9-22
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

Tested today again in a flight I've first of all calibrated the compass. Then i put myself behind the p3 hovering with nose pointing to the north (referred to me) and i flew the p3 30mt straight forward and then backward. When back at starting point the bird was 6-7 mt on my right side and I've flown only 30mt forth and back paying attention to make correct input on the stick!
2015-9-22
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I found my P3A was doing this while testing 1.4.x.  I did report it.. haha no response.

And yea it's annoying, go do a straight shot and all of a sudden you start turning very slightly.
2015-9-22
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-9-22 21:55
I found my P3A was doing this while testing 1.4.x.  I did report it.. haha no response.

And yea it' ...

DJI can't ignore us, we are more each day that notice this bad behaviour of the bird. And i begin to think that who do not notice this is because have not payed attention to the bird flight direction.
2015-9-22
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just because they have not replied it does not mean they are ignoring you.

They read everything i suspect,

Just be patent these things take time, its a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

its not affecting every craft, for DJI to even begin to sort the problem they need to replicate, these things take time, the VPS but went on for a while untill it was sorted.
Lets give them the chance to replicate, diagnose then work a fix.

2015-9-22
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-22 15:00
Its being sorted ...

Not worried about it really, as u say,  I'm sure it will get taken care of.
2015-9-22
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I have noticed this a few times myself sometimes more noticeable than others but I just thought that it was me not paying attention to the orientation of the stick.  And yes it is as if you are pushing stick diagonally to the upper left when in fact you are pushing straight up.
2015-9-22
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-22 22:11
I have noticed this a few times myself sometimes more noticeable than others but I just thought that ...

I have exactly the same issue I am  sure RAYROKNI highlighted this very point a couple of weeks ago unfortunetly unable to find his thread on the subject when I experienced the problem after updating  
2015-9-22
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Oh so it's not the wind nor my finger that didn't point the stick properly. Yes, I'm experiencing it too.
2015-9-22
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've reported this before.  I don't know if it is drifting or not, but I know it points left of center.  I noticed it the first time during the first flight with the dealer.  They check each buyer out at the field to make sure they can fly the basics.  I figured it was just me, but I repeatedly flew past my target on the side.  As I have gotten more experience, I know it isn't.  I recently parked the quad directly over me and looked up at it just a few feet above.  The camera is pointing to the left of center.  If I leave the camera high on horizon and go full forward speed, causing the legs to dip down into the picture, I can see the left one very well, but not the right one.  I'm going to do more experimenting to see if it is always that way in the next several days.  In order to fly good camera lines, I feel this must be taken care of to smooth out the flights for good video missions.

FWIW, once I learned the things to do to make up for the limited power of my "device" versus the DJI Go app, I have had no more signal loss issues in normal flying.  Of course, having said that, it will happen tomorrow.  
2015-9-22
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

Yes i confirm that:

- "The camera is pointing to the left of center"

All my filmages had this problem.....i really hope DJI makes this go way, or i will return to 1.1.9fw.....
2015-9-23
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I am having the same issues!. DJI, Please address as soon as possible.
2015-9-23
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

Mordorr Posted at 2015-9-23 18:50
Yes i confirm that:

- "The camera is pointing to the left of center"

The question is...is possible to come back to 1.1.9 or 1.3.2 as i have read? Can someone confirm this? DJI Tim or DJI Dave?
2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-23 12:26
The question is...is possible to come back to 1.1.9 or 1.3.2 as i have read? Can someone confirm t ...

Steven,

I have not been able to get back to 1.1.9 but have successfully been able to go back to 1.3.2 many times. Just clear your SD card and put only the 1.3.2 .bin file on it. Power up the bird and leave the RC off. Should downgrade to 1.3.2 without issue. Do so at your own risk, of course.

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-23 19:38
Steven,

I have not been able to get back to 1.1.9 but have successfully been able to go back to 1 ...

Thanks jerry before next flight I'll try
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have reported this, lets see what R&D come up with..
2015-9-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also try this.  Take off and fly straight out if you see the drift then repeat several times.  I have found that in previous firmwares that this cured the drift.  
2015-9-23
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-23 13:58
You can also try this.  Take off and fly straight out if you see the drift then repeat several times ...

Ed,  to verify.  Are you saying take off  and Fly straight out say 200 Meters come back land and repeat multiple times?  
2015-9-23
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

There we go.

I created a thread about this a month ago or so.
People just told me to calibrate and blah blah, all the things i had done a thousand times already.

Happy to see that it's an actual bug that DJI is going to fix..
2015-9-23
Use props
alan_shaltan
New

United States

Same issue here too after I updated my dji phantom 3 drine it start drifting and unstable thats really sucks
2015-9-23
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

First problem I've had since owning the P3P after the firmware update. Drifts to the left and just isn't stable like it was.
2015-9-23
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

For your information a user on pp has downgraded to 1.3.2 and he says that the bird now fly perfectly straight
Ps: thanks to Blade Strike that reported this issue to r&d
2015-9-23
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

yeah, me too. I did an important shoot yesterday over water (for the Nature Conversancy), and fought that constantly. There was wind, but not terrible - though it make it difficult to not run into people! Yes, I thought it was me - glad to hear it's the upgrade - that's when I first noticed it too.
2015-9-23
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
United States

I can report that I successfully downgraded to 1.3.20.   It's too late/dark to fly today, but I will recalibrate IMU, compass, and gimbal and hope to conduct a test flight tomorrow.  
2015-9-23
Use props
dji2
lvl.1
United States

Bartone Posted at 2015-9-24 10:55
yeah, me too. I did an important shoot yesterday over water (for the Nature Conversancy), and fought ...

I would definitely downgrade if you're flying over water.  I was about 60 feet in front of my home point about 40 seconds into a flight and the controller lost connection.  My P3 started auto landing --- over water!  Luckily the connection came back and I was able to pull up quickly.  My settings were set to "return to home" if the controller lost connection but somehow the new firmware doesn't like to following settings and "auto lands" instead.  I sent in the flight data log and screen captures of my setting to DJI.  They told me to upgrade the firmware and closed my case (even though I had already told them I was on 1.4 and included a screen shot and the complete flight data log.)  I have been unsuccessful in getting their support to actually read an email.  I think they have an automated responder that just says, "please upgrade the firmware."
2015-9-23
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

So is there any update on this???? Is the best solution is just to down grade? Has anyone tried what tahoe ed said??????
2015-9-24
Use props
novoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444774 ft
Canada

Pheeeeuuu! Not just me. Drift to the right me too since FW last update on my P3P.
2015-9-24
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

novoweb Posted at 2015-9-24 07:42
Pheeeeuuu! Not just me. Drift to the right me too since FW last update on my P3P.

Most of the time it has been to the left for me.  But yesterday I took off and tried to fly straight for my POI Shoot and it was going to the right at about  2:1 ratio.  2 meters right for every 1 meters forward!  I brought it right back shut down and started back up and it flew straight.

I checked all mod values both times and nothing was out of norm.  Like I said it does not happen every time so it is hard to track.
2015-9-24
Use props
lobison2015
lvl.1

Argentina

I prefer to wait for technical support DJI v1.4.0010 update the firmware to a version without problems. It's a shame we have to wait a little longer to shoot in 2k and the long awaited follow me functions and attractions . Let's all hope DJI
2015-9-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules