Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App 2.2.0 still no Intelli Nav Modes
1454 7 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrapl1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Just downloaded earlier from the app store and test flew... still no joy with the intelligent mode goodies showing up...

version

version

fail to start

fail to start

2015-9-22
Use props
kim.grotan
lvl.1

Norway

Hey!

Go into youre app,  on MC settings, go to advanced settings, it should say " Enable Multiple Flight Mode"... this settings must be put on (green) to use the new flight modes...  Hope this works..
2015-9-23
Use props
kim.grotan
lvl.1

Norway

Hey!

Go into youre app,  on MC settings, go to advanced settings, it should say " Enable Multiple Flight Mode"... this settings must be put on (green) to use the new flight modes...  Hope this works..
2015-9-23
Use props
mrapl1
lvl.4
United States

kim.grotan Posted at 2015-9-23 22:13
Hey!

Go into youre app,  on MC settings, go to advanced settings, it should say " Enable Multiple F ...

Kim,
     Thanks for the feedback, but yes that setting is on, and this is just an ongoing process that some of us here, like me, have going through for the last few months in trying to figure out what the root cause problem of this wonderful app is with respect to it's perpetual locking up, or crashing, or bad radio link, or intelligent mode not showing up...
     And this literation.... no better... Thanks DJI...!  Care to try again...?

ouch

ouch

2015-9-23
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mrapl1,

You have the earlier version of Android DJI Go 2.2.0.  So did I.  Android 2.3.0 is now out (September 29th).  When I went through the Android app, I somehow came across the DJI site (Internet was enabled) and the site told me I had to download the new app.  I thought I already downloaded the new app!  But, somewhere in this forum, someone had noted that there was a 99 MB version of DJI Go and I remembered the one I had installed already was about half that size.  So, I downloaded and installed the 99 MB version.  

Now the About page (bottom of modules page - P3, RC, camera, battery, etc.) displays my versions as:

DJI Go         2.3.0
RC               1.3.20
Firmware   1.4.10

If you want the IOC to work properly with Android 2.3.0 there are some other procedures you will need to follow if you are having problems like I have been having with my Android device.  Mostly, there are two important things that have to be done before each IOC flight - at least for me so far.  1. - Format the SD card (bottom of the Flight Page).  Be sure you have removed any photos or videos first before you put the SD chip in your P3!  2. - Disable the Multiple Flight Modes option in the P3 Module of the modules page.  (You can bring up the Modules Page by touching the corner icon at the upper right corner of the Flying desktop in with the telemetry data.  The P3 module is the top one on the left and then choose the advanced options.  The Multiple Flight Modes slider is the top one.  Right below it is the IOC slider and already grayed out and disabled so you cannot mess with it)  Trust me, there is another way to turn IOC on.

Then you can start your motors in P-GPS mode and fly to over 35 feet up and 18-20 feet away.  You cannot enable or load Multiple Flight Modes and the IOC on the ground.  As your P3 hovers up there, flip your silver PAF switch on the upper left corner of the RC from the P position to the F position.  A pop-up box will appear warning you if you want to enable Multiple Flight Modes.  Press Confirm on the bottom right.  If everything works, the five IOC modes will appear.  If there is a problem the box will say, "Failed to start Multiple Flight Modes", but that HomeLock and CourseLock are enabled.  If it fails, shut everything down, including the Android device, and start over (reboot) so your device can sort things out.  Eventually, you will get the sequences right and it will work.

Right now, I am at the stage of trying to see if I can skip the formatting and disabling the Multiple Flight Modes.  But, any way I can get the five IOC  modes working, I am up there in heaven with my P3.

I hope I got most of the words right.  If not, sorry, but they mean roughly the same thing - like "confirm" or "yes".

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-2
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

Update for formatting SD chip.  So far, it turns out that as long as the SD chip has been recently formatted, it does not have to be formatted for each flight.  However, as reported elsewhere in this forum, the Multiple Flight Modes slider in the P3 module of the flight options page needs to be turned off after each flight so when the P3 is restarted after a battery change, etc., if you want to use the Multiple Flight Modes IOC options; you will need to turn it on in the air 35 feet up and 20 feet away.  When you take off be sure the silver PAF switch, just above the gimbal dial at the side of the upper left corner of the remote controller, is in the "P" position.  Once you are in position in the air flip the PAF toggle to "F".  A pop-up will appear to warn you if you want to enable Multiple Flight Modes.  Touch confirm and then the 5 IOC options should display as noted above.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-6
Use props
mrapl1
lvl.4
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-6 16:35
Aloha,

Update for formatting SD chip.  So far, it turns out that as long as the SD chip has be ...

Cetaman,
     Thank you so much for the response, unfortunately the bad news is, is that none of those items has anything to do with my lack of intelligent flight mode, but the good news is, is that I was able to figure it out.  One problem with the DJI Go App is that it needs an on screen icon showing that it is reading a GPS signal from your mobile device because this was my root cause problem, now what I had found is that the map has a little blue circle on it which I have deduced to be the GPS position of your mobile device, which for me was never showing where I was standing. Now after much reading up and online searching, I found the Nextbook Ares 8 tablet which I was using, did not have built in GPS even though the web site I got it from said that it did, buyer beware... so with that I looked into another option, getting the Garmin GLO GPS and connecting it bluetooth to the tablet, and when I did, it worked. Now the blue dot on the map locks on to the location of the garmin GLO and I finally got the intelligent flight mode screen. The only thing I still have to figure out is why my Koycera Brigadier phone and my Asus TF700T pad both which I have confirmed have GPS and the latest version of the app, still wont work...
     Thanks again...

2015-10-10
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mrapl1,

Well, that is interesting.  Who would a thunk.  Good luck with the other phone and pad.  Maybe you can try what I wrote to see if that helps.  Turning on the multiple flight modes was actually a suggestion (or requirement) from another thread.  I tried it and it worked but it was not supposed to happen in the first place with my Android device.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules