Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand New DJI Ronin-M + iOS9 = Useless
1357 11 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I've been saving for this purchase for months and I was so excited to finally pull the trigger on a new Ronin-M today.

I was able to assemble it with the supplied instructions and have my Canon 70D balanced perfectly.

I successfully installed the "DJI Assistant" app onto my iPhone5S and after I enter in my login details, the app immediately crashes on me. I did some digging and apparently DJI does not have a working app that for iOS9?

How could this possibly happen? Developers have had access to iOS9 for many months before it was released to the general public to make sure the apps are full compatible before launch.

I then tried to submit a support ticket and the Ronin is not even a product option? You guys have some serious issue with customer service it seems and its just as important as the hardware in my opinion.

Does DJI at least provide an estimated date for the fix?

2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry for that, we are trying to fix the APP issue, please keep an eye on our DJI official website
Besides, thanks for your suggestion about the support system, we will add ronin in the product line ASAP
2015-9-22
Use props
andree.online
lvl.1
Flight distance : 904478 ft
Switzerland

Try to hook it up to a computer and download the software for that (Mac/PC). You'll need a USB micro ( the really small one) to normal USB.

Then you can at least do the auto calibration and you should be good to go. That's what I'm doing now, since I also upgraded to iOS9.

This "support" forum leaves a lot to be desired. But I have to say that I'm impressed with my Ronin M. The performance is great and the looks/finish too.

I have not updated my firmware on the Ronin since I got it.... LOTS of warnings agains that...  =(
2015-9-24
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

The computer software is not as easy to use as the app.

It seems DJI is excellent at making amazing quality hardware but their software often leaves little to be desired. You can't have one without the other.

I can assure you that heads would roll if this was my company and massive errors were constantly being made. Both the DJI Assistant and firmware upgrades are a complete disaster.
2015-9-26
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

Should I upgrade my firmware to leave it stock?

I am reading the new firmware updates are not as good as the original.
2015-9-27
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Upgraded the firmware, also the app, everything works fine
2015-9-30
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

The iOS9 app that was recently updated is now working.

If only they would update their support page to add "ronin" as an option to select when contacting support for issues.
2015-10-2
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

mani Posted at 2015-9-30 16:49
Upgraded the firmware, also the app, everything works fine

You upgraded to the latest firmware for the Ronin M? Have you tried it yet? No drifting problems and or did you have the drifting problems before you updated? Sure would be nice if you gave some more information please since your saying all is OK so far? What firmware are you on? The latest that was just released?
Thanks
2015-10-4
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

ek@ericknorpp.c Posted at 2015-10-4 18:15
You upgraded to the latest firmware for the Ronin M? Have you tried it yet? No drifting problems a ...

I have upgraded to the latest firmware & ASSISTANT APP, both featuring the new PUSH Mode. Tested my Ronin - M, everything works as expected, no drift, I even have the impression that the gimbal is smoother than before. No problems except when entering Briefcase mode I have to do it quite gentle otherwise it will not enter in Briefcase Mode. I was planning to address this issue, to see if it's a general issue. The problem is like this : if I move very fast the gimbal from normal position to briefcase mode, it will not correct the tilt position of the camera, in my case GH4. If I do it slowly, allowing 1-2 seconds to the gimbal to set itself into briefcase mode, than it works as expected. Hope this informations helps, take care
P.s even my DJI Thumb wireless controller seems to work better with the new firmware, smoother pan & tilt actions
2015-10-4
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

mani Posted at 2015-10-4 14:15
I have upgraded to the latest firmware & ASSISTANT APP, both featuring the new PUSH Mode. Tested my ...

DId you have the roll issue before you upgraded like most people here?
Thanks
Eric
2015-10-7
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Nope, no roll issues.
Can you explain exactly what roll issue did you experienced ?
Thx
2015-10-7
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

mani Posted at 2015-10-7 15:07
Nope, no roll issues.
Can you explain exactly what roll issue did you experienced ?
Thx

Hey Mani, I am not sure exactly what firmware I am on but I am referring to the same problems others are having here in the forums, I balance the Dj ronin no problem but after 1 minute or so it tilts to the left and is not level. I try an compensate by rolling the ronin slightly to the right to try and bring it back to level but it then again drifts to the left, not being level again. Are you talking about the same thing or did you never even have that problem? I am afraid to do any more updates bc I have heard of some people having their Ronin M's bricked and not working after some updates. Since these forums are basic and not many respond much, It is not clear if the new firmware works well or not.. I appreciate any feedback you may have. I bought my Ronin from BH in June and the firmware that came with it was working pretty well but I tested it just for a short time in my house then I update to a newer,not the latest firmware, and I started getting the level problem. Also it seems nobody has the older firmware for Macintosh and supposedly you have to get some kind of code/permission? from DJI to downgrade and that is not likely  as they do not respond to emails. I messaged every in here with the problem and ask if they recieved the downgrade firmware and all of them replied to me with a NO. One guy did send me the older firmware but for Windows. DJI responsesare like try the new firmware or send them a video or make sure I calibrate it correctly,Which I have it calibrated perfectly, only after I turn it on and start filming after about a minute or so it slowly drifts and does not maintain level, so I am constantly having to twist the ronin to the right to try and compensate, but that does not work when you are in the middle of a take.
If worse comes to worse I will do the upgrade and just what happens.
Thanks for any opinion you may have to offer..
Eric
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules