Why is there no MAC update for the RC ASSISTANT SOFTWARE??
2507 25 2014-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

At the moment the Windows / PC version of the Phantom RC Assistant Software is at v1.2 which was released on December 3, 2014. Here we are 11 days on and still no MAC version. In the past DJI seems to roll out the PC version of software first and then within a few day the MAC version is available. The MAC version available for download of the RC Assistant Software is still at v1.1 as of today. No big deal for me since I have a PC and a MAC. However I am curious why the MAC version has not been released? At this point I am also curious if DJI intends on releasing a MAC version since it has been nearly two weeks since the PC version has been released. DJI PLEASE ADVISE.
2014-12-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

It is a bigger deal for me since I only have a MAC now.   I will be shocked if DJI jumps in and answers your question!
2014-12-14
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-15 02:51
It is a bigger deal for me since I only have a MAC now.   I will be shocked if DJI jumps in and answ ...

To be honest kjkisatsky what is pissing me off I am receiving a notification that within this forum that reads "App remind(1)" yet when I click on it there is NO REMINDER! If you want to have a laugh scroll through this thread I started on this forum. At this point it has 4,959 views yet look at all of the questions within the thread that remain unanswered by DJI. Last time I checked this is the ACTUAL DJI FORUM RUN BY DJI!! One would think DJI would attempt to answer questions when it comes to the one that has the greatest amount of views on there site. Here is the link if you care to scroll / read some of the content. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... rby%3Dviews&lang=en COME ON DJI I can appreciate you are going through growing pains however answering a question I post every now and then would be appreciated!
2014-12-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I've noticed their responses are random and completely unpredictable.
2014-12-14
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

What does the PC version of the app do that the Mac version doesn't? Looks the same to me, and I don't see any difference in functionality. Maybe it was just a release to fix a bug in Windows.
2014-12-14
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Could be both versions access and install the same firmware version.
2014-12-14
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

NEW RC ASSISTANT UPDATE FOR MAC VERSION WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THIS THURSDAY!
SORRY FOR THE DELAY :-(
2014-12-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Well Autumn, thank you very much!  Was hoping you would show your pretty face again!
2014-12-14
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Autumn Posted at 2014-12-15 10:44
SORRY FOR THE DELAY : ...

Thank you for the update Autumn.
2014-12-14
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Autumn thank you for your response. Perhaps you can answer one additional question. In the Remind Section on the main menu bar I see "Remind(1) in the drop down menu it reflects "App remind(1)". It does not appear to link to anything? When I "click" on the "App remind(1)" link it takes me to my responses to messages. It does not link to any App reminder, can you please explain why? Thank you.
2014-12-15
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-12-15 17:00
DJI Autumn thank you for your response. Perhaps you can answer one additional question. In the Rem ...

Could you pls post a screenshot of that App remind(1)?
2014-12-15
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hello Autumn notice the red circle with the question mark.
App remind.jpg
2014-12-15
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Autumn Posted at 2014-12-15 17:16

DJI Autumn thank you for your prompt response I just posted the screenshot you requested in a separate post (see above post). I appreciate your help, thank you.
2014-12-15
Use props
秋香姐姐萌萌哒
New

China

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-12-15 18:51
DJI Autumn thank you for your prompt response I just posted the screenshot you requested in a separ ...

Well! It's an extension function that allow us to add some particular applications.
Now we've cancelled this function so what appears to your main page is seem to be a bug...
But we are considering reopening this function!
2014-12-15
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-12-15 18:51
DJI Autumn thank you for your prompt response I just posted the screenshot you requested in a separ ...

the @秋香姐姐萌萌哒 is me....
Forget it...
2014-12-15
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

秋香姐姐萌萌哒 Posted at 2014-12-15 20:12
Well! It's an extension function that allow us to add some particular applications.
Now we've cance ...

DJI Autumn / 秋香姐姐萌萌哒 I wish DJI would reinitiate the function. It certainly would be appreciated from end users in receiving updates within this forum when there are software and or firmware updates to say the least. Thank you again for your prompt response.
2014-12-15
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Autumn well here we are and it is now Thursday. I still do not see the new version of the MAC RC ASSISTANT available for download. You advised me that it would be available BEFORE today (Thursday). Can you please advise when it actually will be available. I can't understand why there is still no MAC version available. The PC version was released 15 days ago!!
2014-12-18
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-15 02:51
It is a bigger deal for me since I only have a MAC now.   I will be shocked if DJI jumps in and answ ...
DJI SOFTWARE UPDATE: The MAC version of v1.2 of the RC Assistant Software has finally been released. Sixteen days after the PC version was released on 12/03/14. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
2014-12-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Autumn Posted at 2014-12-15 17:16

Well gee, I've got 4 in my App remind -- does that mean I have four times the useless function of josephbobowicz!
AppRemind4.gif
2014-12-19
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-19 18:45
Well gee, I've got 4 in my App remind -- does that mean I have four times the useless function of  ...

The MAC version of v1.2 of the RC Assistant Software has finally been released. Sixteen days after the PC version was released on 12/03/14. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/downloadj Call me crazy however how cool would it be to have an App remind when software and firmware updates come out. First of all it bugs me that it took 16 additional days to release the MAC version of the RC Assistant Software. Second of all I only was aware it came out today because I stumbled upon it was available after checking every day since the PC version came out over 2 weeks ago. Come on DJI is it asking to much to keep your end users informed. The current App remind is obviously useless.
2014-12-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Don't worry.  Tahoe Ed said he would ensure registered owners would be advised via email of releases like this.  And thanks for app update Joe!
2014-12-19
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-20 02:29
Don't worry.  Tahoe Ed said he would ensure registered owners would be advised via email of releases ...

Tahoe_Ed affiliated with DJI is certainly proactive however actions speak louder then words. I think it is wonderful that he announced that we as end users would be kept informed of updates / releases. Sadly the last update I received via email from DJI was "Phantom Used by UCLA Football, and Free New Pilot Training Programs‏". It would be nice to be informed when new software and firmware updates are launched in addition to those sort of announcements. For instance the v1.2 RC Assistant Software for MAC was made available today. Sixteen days after the PC version was released. That 16 day difference is bothersome in itself. Rather than receive emails although cool and informative like a Phantom being used by UCLA football this may be a crazy concept however imagine this. What if DJI actually notified its end users of updates that directly effect the performance of there products and included release notes? For instance software and firmware updates as a start. Quit frankly I am getting tired of looking at the "App remind" notification within this forum. At the moment it is alerting me of one notification. In clicking on it there is no point. It does not work, from what I understand it has been disabled. If it was enabled and worked properly it would be a great way to keep us as customers informed.
2014-12-19
Use props
markmahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey... I am new to the forums... and seem to find conflicting views... can I update my Phantom 2 Vision with the mac, in the wiki it says only PC... Thanks for the help and apologies for a newbie question.
2014-12-29
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

markmahan Posted at 2014-12-30 12:38
Hey... I am new to the forums... and seem to find conflicting views... can I update my Phantom 2 Vis ...

Here is the link for the Vision 2 software. Make sure you download the RC Assistant as well as the Assistant software. YES you can use a Mac. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
2014-12-30
Use props
markmahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks josephbobowicz!  You just made my day!!!  
2014-12-30
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

markmahan Posted at 2014-12-31 08:51
Thanks josephbobowicz!  You just made my day!!!

markmahan - I am glad I could help! If you happen to be on Facebook feel free to join the  Aerial Photography Group that I am one of the Admins of. It is a great place to share you Aerial Cinematography as well as Aerial Photography. As well as share tips and techniques. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aerialphotovideo/ This is a link to a sample video from our site shot by my buddy Eric Leung: http://youtu.be/Fpe4861oW2c Gear used: DJI Phantom 2 with the H3-2D Gimbal and the GoPro HERO3, 3+ and 4. Hope to see you there. Anyone else that happens to stumble across this post that is serious about Aerial Cinematograpy and Aerieal Photography is welcome to join our Group as well. : )
2014-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules