DJI Replaced For Free
1350 20 2015-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon
lvl.1
United States

I have no choice but to express my appreciation to DJI, I sent my Inspire 1 in after a crash, that I felt was due to an upgrade issue with a broken arm. They received in August 7th after 7 weeks no contact I emailed them, they sent their sincerest apologies for being so far behind in the service center, and issued me a "one time" new replacement that they sent and I received today!

I hear all the complainers, so it's only fair to praise them when they've went beyond any reasonable request I could've made.

THANKS DJI,  back in the air just in time to comb the WRP fields for my big buck! Deer hunting made easy!
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Very good to hear. I have been hearing a lot more positive reviews lately.

Dave
2015-9-23
Use props
walky
lvl.2

Australia

Using the drone as a spotter is an interesting way to be hunting. I like it!
2015-9-23
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

What revision did they sent you, D Version? Was the ono you sent in A B or C?
2015-9-23
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

walky Posted at 2015-9-24 01:29
Using the drone as a spotter is an interesting way to be hunting. I like it!

How exciting this would be with a FLIR cam still waiting for it
2015-9-23
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 19:16
Very good to hear. I have been hearing a lot more positive reviews lately.

Dave

I sent my unit on september the 1st, received by DJI according to the tracking number on the 4th, DJI wrote a mail that same day, on September 10th they sent me bill, i paid on the 13th, it was a Sunday, so i guess they were not working on California, they confirmed the payment on the 16th, wrote me back informing about replacing the Inspire for a one time courtesy on the 17th, sent me a tracking number con the 21h, i will received my new unit on monday, extremely fast service, very happy with this fix by DJI, hope the service will work the same way for everybody and the keep improving those times, but anyways the deserve congratulations on my behalf, i was waiting an answer after 8 weeks of they received.

Regards,

Leo
2015-9-23
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-9-23 18:58
I sent my unit on september the 1st, received by DJI according to the tracking number on the 4th,  ...

how much was the bill for?
2015-9-23
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@Jon - good deal. Considering DJI takes on a lot of heat, that I wonder if even is deserving? Most companies would tell you that your own your own so I think DJI went above and beyond customer service!
2015-9-23
Use props
flierfred221
lvl.1

United States

Same thing happened to me...I sent my I1 C model to DJI for damage due to a couple of fly aways...after 8 weeks DJI sent me an email with an apology that said they were sending me a new one  DID NOT EXPECT THAT...and they did. ( C model )  This I appreciate very much because since I purchased it they had it longer than I did.   When I got to test fly the replacement... I flew it for about 13 mins., low altitude, doing just basics to see if everything was OK. I checked the bird and noticed the left and right tubes that support the landing gear struts and the props were loose..------I held the rear strut and moved it back and forth and the front of the tube moved 1/8 " back and forth......After checking with tech support I sent it back.  I am a little disappointed that something like that would get by QC.  Anyway I am happy that one week after I sent my C model in for repair the first time, I bought another Inspire so I could keep flying.  That one was a D model and it has been flawless.  I think DJI is trying but if I could not afford to buy a second Inspire .... I would not be flying at all for many months.     
2015-9-23
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-9-23 18:30
What revision did they sent you, D Version? Was the ono you sent in A B or C?

Didn't have a clue there was such a thing as A B C or D, how do I check, and what is the difference? Also I may have sent my thank you too soon, I can't get it to update any version firmware all I get is a blue light on the tail.
2015-9-24
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let's hope this is the start of a new DJI customer service policy.
2015-9-24
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That great, Hay if DJI are replacing some of these with new ones hows about selling some refurbished units to us poor people who can only afford Phantoms  ;)
2015-9-24
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

jon@faithglobal Posted at 2015-9-24 14:36
Didn't have a clue there was such a thing as A B C or D, how do I check, and what is the differenc ...

I think that the blue light means its in travel mode, you should put it in flight mode so you could update...
2015-9-24
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

hundleton1 Posted at 2015-9-24 15:29
That great, Hay if DJI are replacing some of these with new ones hows about selling some refurbished ...

If you sit and keep checking ebay you could get a good price, i bought a new one for USD1,800.00...
2015-9-24
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

USD690.00, i'm pretty sure they overpriced the repairs, but i don't care, i am mora then happy that after i paid it they sent me a new unit...
2015-9-24
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-9-24 18:54
USD690.00, i'm pretty sure they overpriced the repairs, but i don't care, i am mora then happy tha ...

yea thats not bad for a full replacement unit really depending on what the damage was. they arent cheap to fix buying parts from other dealers, would be a lot cheaper probably if dji sold parts legit but the only way to get them is from dealers who buy new units and disassemble them to part out, not really cost effective but better than waiting two months or more for dji to fix and send back.  i crashed mine and fixed it myself, broken camera gimble $550, broken carbon fiber arm $400(didnt buy one though, fixed with patch for $2, not perfect but it works), broken antenna wire in the landing foot $175(cheap thin crap wire hard to fish though tubes, broke new one immediately on install so currently im one antenna short, only 3 out of 4 but works good enough within half mile range with the bad side facing me, no change in distance with good side facing me.)
2015-9-25
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-26 00:47
yea thats not bad for a full replacement unit really depending on what the damage was. they arent  ...

Thats an expensive solution, but better than wait 10 weeks...
2015-9-26
Use props
c.franklin1
lvl.1

United States

I can second that. My was a firmware upgrade issue. I e mailed them during the sixth week. Heard back within 24 hours with a response. "One time" replacement for free!!! I was very HAPPY!!! Thanks DJI!!!
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

c.franklin1 Posted at 2015-9-26 17:21
I can second that. My was a firmware upgrade issue. I e mailed them during the sixth week. Heard bac ...

Good to hear!
2015-9-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-9-26 18:04
Thats an expensive solution, but better than wait 10 weeks...

my thoughts exactly
2015-9-26
Use props
CameraLensRent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new drone, but you are a coward and what is wrong with hunting.
2015-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules