Dealer sold me p2 props.. Says they are also for p3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldpeach
lvl.1

Canada

I ordered props at a dji dealer online. Under the p3 parts listing 9450 prop. When I received them the bag said p2 . The props have the metal inserts . Dealer says they are ok to use.. Is this true ? I've read I can't use the metal hub ones
2015-9-23
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Apparently not.  I don't have a P2, but I think they are shorter blades, and I have seen other mention of the metal insert hubs not being a good idea.
2015-9-23
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-23
Use props
oldpeach
lvl.1

Canada

It would nice for dji to give a definitive answer on this
2015-9-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>

i would like to see the official answer too.
2015-9-23
Use props
Bobabc
lvl.1

United States

I'm pretty sure the p2 has 8 inch blades and the p3 has 9 inch. There are people selling the prop guards for the p2 as p2/p3 prop guards also. I ordered a set and they're too small.
2015-9-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's been stated by DJI reps all along.. DON'T use the P2 props.. They are likely to get you in the sky but might not play well with "ESC Braking" on the P3.

You may see people on Facebook groups say its OK that they do it all the time but remember, its on Facebook that "IOS 7 makes Your Phone Waterproof" spread about ;)

Stick to the proper composite hub ones and tell the "dealer" to shove the P2 props where the sun don't shine...
I would also name the dealer so others can avoid them.
2015-9-23
Use props
oldpeach
lvl.1

Canada

Ill do the dealer the courtesy of giving them a chance to fix this up.. Failing that , out comes the name.
2015-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules