DJI images
737 2 2015-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadcopter 102
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

A search  about copyright  seems  to only bring up that which relates to self made movies.

My question  is -  are the photo images of the various Phantoms/Inspire copyright free or is use restricted/forbidden.

I ask as every website I  visit in connection with  DJI  Phantoms - in my case the Pro - the websites - including eBay and Amazon appear to use the very images,  including the  outline "sketch " version in PDFs.  Also seen  them on Tee Shirts!

I ask because I am currently involved in a website project aimed at giving Aussie flyers a focal point - and obviously - I would like to use images - without any hassles!

I looked at the "contact us"  but seems pointed at  dealers etc,.

2015-9-23
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Unless permission is given to reproduce the image(s) freely, then they would all be the copyright of the owners. Have you tried emailing DJI to see if they will give you permission to use the image(s) ?

To avoid any copyright infringement why not take a few shots yourself, that way you avoid any future copyright infringements.
2015-9-24
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

astrostar Posted at 2015-9-24 10:25
Unless permission is given to reproduce the image(s) freely, then they would all be the copyright of ...

I did email marketing@dji.com in June of 2015 and did get explicit permission to use images from their products area in my website and business card (but I mentioned Phantom 2 Vision Plus).

I've recently tried (16 Feb 2016) to update the permission to include any of their product images (specifically I need Phantom 4 and Inspire) but they haven't replied as yet.

I'm hoping some of the moderators/admin here on the forum can move things along for us.
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules