Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Pix4D software with Phantom 3?
10044 19 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
superfunkmojo
lvl.2
Canada

Has anyone investigated using Pix4D software with their Phantom 3?  If so, how well did it work?

https://pix4d.com/pix4dmapper-app/
2015-9-24
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I am interested in using it but the app to help you take the photos correctly is not yet available.  It is still in Beta.   It is called the Pix4D Capture App.
2015-9-24
Use props
drenkg.gmail
lvl.1

United States

I've used Pix4d's trial, and found that it works quite well. It will generate a single large .tif, or overlays on top of Google Maps or Google Earth. Mapsmadeeasy.com is also a very nice solution that also offers a trial. I've done maps at 400ft, and 200ft of 40-80 acre areas, with between 200-400 images. The EXIF GPS data from the camera/Phantom are used by both Pix4d and mapsmadeeasy to locate the images. Just make sure you have plenty of overlap when you take your images.
2015-9-24
Use props
rmaimaging
New

Canada

Can you recommend mapping route tips for effective overlay. Or any other settings. Camera, single or multiple flights... etc
2015-9-24
Use props
Lisa Chen
New

Switzerland

rmaimaging@gmai Posted at 2015-9-25 09:13
Can you recommend mapping route tips for effective overlay. Or any other settings. Camera, single or ...

Hi,

You can try with the free Pix4Dmapper Capture App...
It does automatic flight plan once you enter your desired parameters (overlap, flight height, etc).

After the flight, it generates a .p4d project file which allows you to open directly with Pix4Dmapper and you just click process without doing all the setting wizard from scratch

2015-9-25
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Lisa Chen Posted at 2015-9-25 04:27
Hi,

You can try with the free Pix4Dmapper Capture App...

Yes,  I am waiting for that app to come out of Beta for the Phantom 3 so I can use it.  I don't want to trial and error to try to get the correct overlap.  I want to use it to create 3d surfaces of the earth in some areas.
2015-9-25
Use props
nateweger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4173 ft

United States

Has anybody used the Pix4D with video? On their website it mentions that it has video compatibility and I was wondering how well this worked.
2015-10-2
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmm, wasn't aware of an app...

Last Year I loaded the pix4dmapper on my computer and used my Phantom 2 Vision+ to try and generate a 3D map but the GPS of the P2V+ was not accurate enough.  After I got the Phantom 3 Pro I tried it again and now I'm finally getting some decent results (but man, even with an Intel i7 processor and 64 bit Win8 it takes a while to do some serious number crunching!)

I'm certainly going to try the app now!
2015-10-2
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

ive been using it for a few weeks now with a few minor issues, mostly in of the app itself. once you figure out the quirks it works great. just make sure you have a beast of a PC with plenty of ram
2015-10-8
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

WOW!  $350 a month.  This is a commercial product for professionals only not for most of us hobbyists.  Thanks
2015-10-8
Use props
petergreer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632667 ft
United States

I have been eaiting for the beta which is supposedly available but no luck  . I followed the protocol l but still nada .
2015-10-31
Use props
petergreer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632667 ft
United States

Sorry " waiting "  its supposed to be update once u register ss a tester
2015-10-31
Use props
rbuckdavis
New

United States

I have a few questions as I am new to reality capture and my new phantom. The Pix4d app on my ipad requires a wifi connection to the phantom 3 pro. Is that stock or do I need to add an extender. No wifi signal shows up on my ipad? Also how do you get the exif data to embed in the pictures. The camera data and location are not showing up when I upload from my ipad. Do I need to take it directly from the SD card? New to this. Thoughts
2015-11-17
Use props
Marius.Skancke
lvl.1
Norway

I tried it today, but couldnt get the app to connect to P3P... There is alot of chatter on the pix4d forums which says more than a few people have problems connecting.

App looks great, but is unusable untill they fix the connectivity issue..

If anyone have gotten the Capture app (2.0.7) to work with their firmware updated P3P, then please let me know what the heck you did

2015-11-23
Use props
zhartpe
lvl.2

United States

Marius.Skancke Posted at 2015-11-23 09:14
I tried it today, but couldnt get the app to connect to P3P... There is alot of chatter on the pix4d ...

I've sent a ticket in - I unfortunately didn't do my homework. I Purchased the MESH that they had on sale today (249 for a year) - Loaded the app, calibrated the bird and to my disappointment couldn't get the P3A to connect.

I think its the 1.05 firmware that's the issue.  

I'll ask for a credit for the amount of days its not working.
2015-11-30
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

I use Maps Made Easy App and service.
I'm principally generating DEMs bit the 3D Google maps are up there in the cool/neat stakes. (they do have other 3D output but I haven't used it
2015-11-30
Use props
Marius.Skancke
lvl.1
Norway

mike.wildlight Posted at 2015-12-1 08:14
I use Maps Made Easy App and service.
I'm principally generating DEMs bit the 3D Google maps are up  ...

The app recommended by maps made easy is only available for iOS
2015-12-5
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Marius.Skancke Posted at 2015-12-5 19:20
The app recommended by maps made easy is only available for iOS

Ahh yes,
I didn't realise you were referring to capture.
I've dabbled with the pix4d capture app but not very familiar with it, as I've spent more time with the MME app..
2015-12-5
Use props
ayoflw
New

Nigeria

drenkg.gmail Posted at 2015-9-25 03:35
I've used Pix4d's trial, and found that it works quite well. It will generate a single large .tif, o ...

Hi , I just got a DJI phantom 3 pro ,pls does any one know how to get  a geo referenced image for surveying . Thank you
2016-3-16
Use props
dip ing peter k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10853 ft
Austria

hallo superfunkmajo,
i have used pix4d capture app and also pix4d mapper Programm since a lot of time on the Phantom visiion+ as alos on the Phantom 3 pro - without greater Problems. just since two weeks i have to deinstall the pix4d cature app from my Samsung s5 when i want to fly the 3 pro with the dji go app. if not i am not able to start the copter because when i am in the camera mode there is only a black view and on top the button DISCONNECTED. i have not found till now the eror- also not withe help from the pix4d Team!

best regards

black
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules