stills while shooting video?
1738 9 2014-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

here's an odd question, is the inspire 1 capable of shooting still pictures simultaneously while shooting video? If so, does the video pause while the still picture is being taken?  would be a really cool advantage if you could be shooting video and if you see an opportunity to capture a still, you squeeze the shutter button and capture still without interrupting the video.
2014-12-14
Use props
2livedrew
New

United States

Hey everyone. Any updates on this? The question came up in a meeting today and I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

Thanks.
2014-12-29
Use props
henrybridges281
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2livedrew Posted at 2014-12-30 03:02
Hey everyone. Any updates on this? The question came up in a meeting today and I haven't been able t ...

The answer is yes. You can take stills while recording.
I've had an inspire (prototype No 14  with a very beta version of the IOS app) for the last 3months.   You will not be diserpointed when it arrives!
The one I have has lots of parts of the app that don't work, and there's been no sign of a manual. So I can't claim to have all the answers.
The build quality of the inspire is the thing that struck me at first, even in prototype it seems a solid and reliable platform.
Lightbridge gives an excellent picture for the cam operator (best I've seen).
We did some filming over the London eye with it and an S900, search inspire v s900 on you tube.
Hope it helps.

2014-12-29
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

on a different thread a dji rep said this not possible now.. however I think 4k video will allow 8mp stills in post .
2014-12-29
Use props
Digital cinema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That's a shame. I wonder how many other thing will have changed.
2014-12-29
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

Even the iPhone can do that. I'd be greatly dissapointed if it's not supported at least in 1080p recordings.
2014-12-30
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Are there any updates on this?  I tried to shoot a picture while shooting 4k today and I wasn't able to do it.  Was I doing something wrong?
2015-3-16
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

This is on my wishlist, too.
I don't understand why DJI removed this useful option.
2015-3-16
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

you cannot take pictures while recording unfortunately . . .
2015-3-16
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

Was this an option on the Phantom?  Was it available on the "beta" versions?  Can someone from DJI respond why this option was removed if it was on the "prototype" like henrybridges281 stated. The Inspire is my first drone so don't know what was available before this.  
2015-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules