P3: No problem at all ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
novoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444774 ft
Canada

I read a lot of P3 users having problem... is there anyone who don't have any or just minor problem with the P3 ?

Me: not problem exept the littre off course to the right since FW 1.4 update.
2015-9-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The vast majority of people don't have any problems- unless you define a problem as learning how to do upgrades, etc.

Do you think anyone owns a computer and never had a problem? I don't know anyone who never had a problem......

The biggest problem with the Phantom 3 is that it is a highly complex and technical aircraft. This means it takes time, education and care to properly operate it. Many buyers think they can just buy it and fly it and don't have to invest a lot of time reading the manual or understanding the machine.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-9-25 20:06
The vast majority of people don't have any problems- unless you define a problem as learning how to  ...

Very well said!
2015-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No deviations from the expected norm up here.
Still smiling and bringing it back alive.
My bird. I think I'll Keep Her. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-25
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

In the 100+ flights since may 6th, I have done all updates as soon as they appeared and have had no problems that where not caused by myself.
2015-9-26
Use props
sprawl
lvl.2

Finland

The reason, why you read so much negative posts about phantom is that users dosent write here all they positive feedback. Only is they have some problems, they write here.
If we think how many phantoms there are in the sky over the world, there is quite less problems if check the price what it costs.
And now somebody says, "Its over 1000$$$!!", yes, butt somebody in here forum says that is crazy price about the specs in phantom3. Professional film makers costs >4000$ with their "drones" and dosent get go home buttons, gps trackers, maps, waypoints, and all other stuff, and dont even think about over 6kilometers ranges...

By myself, i get few times "compass error" message butt still get it home pressing rth. And having about 50 flights now. Tested now 3 versions firmwares, all go good during updates and calibrations.
2015-9-26
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Of course people who do have problem have a greater tendency and reason to post here. That's probably why they are ubiquitous here. On the opposite side people who do not have any problems are relatively absent here, too busy flying I suppose.  
As mentioned above the learning curve is what causes some problems. Reading all documentation before asking question or the lack of is also creating traffic here. The poor quality of the documentation does not help. For myself the biggest problem I have had with it, is unscrewing the UV filter of the P3P and some minor problems updating. Let's touch wood and hope it will continue.
I have to say I am a very conservative flyer.
77 Flights Total Flight Time 10h 37m 33s Total mileage 9.3 Miles Farthest home distance 660 Feet Highest Altitude 230Ft.
Had the drone since Mid August (a bit more than a month at the time of writing).

So I can consider myself has one who did not have any problems.

Bat
2015-9-26
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-9-25 22:06
The vast majority of people don't have any problems- unless you define a problem as learning how to  ...

No... that's not true for many... I can tell you I do know computers and I am at least proficient in the operation of the aircraft... AND... I do have problems and have for awhile. It is very hard to feel comfortable flying this expensive machine  safely when the software constantly fails.

I do agree it is hard for any software developer to write code that works perfectly across multiple platforms... but come on Apple is a main stay and many Apple tablets are having trouble with the software and have for sometime.

I can't give DJI a pass because this just should not happen on a machine that is expensive...could injure...and certainly could cause property damage.

Butch
2015-9-26
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I have never had any issues with any firmware version right up to the latest one. P3a is great and is a blast to fly.
2015-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules