Unable to open camera control whilst recording video
1070 10 2015-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

i wanted to up the iso last night whilst flying during sunset.
I was unable to activate the panel that includes Des the iOS control UNLESS I stopped recording.
Stopping recording allowed me to activate the panel.
I started recording and the button for showing/hiding the panel is greyed out again.

This seems like a bug to me.
2015-9-25
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

same on android too. i noticed it yesterday myself
2015-9-26
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

To have the best possible result, you have to record movies with a shutter speed twice the frame rate. So if you record in 4K/30, the optimum shutter speed is 1/60.
That being said, there are 2 mandatory things :
- ND filter becaus the camera has a fixed aperture and you cant go below 100 ISO (8 at the end of the day and 16 for the rest).
- manual mode to be sure the shutter speed wont change.
So there is only one thing you can play with : the ISO setting. ISO 100 being already very noisy (because of a bad sensor or a bad signal processing), it doesn't matter if you have to record at 400 or 800 ISO (or more).
Working like this, you can change the ISO while the camera is recording.
Anyway, and this is a basic rule in photography, if the scene illumination don't change, there are no need to change anything, the camera being pointed downward or upward, facing the sun or not. If the exposure was set correctly there is no reason to change the settings.
2015-9-26
Use props
clive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-9-26 12:03
To have the best possible result, you have to record movies with a shutter speed twice the frame rat ...

Great explanation but you haven't understood my question at all.

Fly your bird.
Start recording
Try to open camera settings to adjust iOS.
2015-9-27
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

I have understood very well and I tried to explain how to get the best results... and the best result is not achieved playing with settings while recording.
When the craft is airborne set everything and start recording.
The only setting needed while recording is ISO or shutter speed... and flying (which means also checking all values on the screen) ! And these are accessible while recording.
Nothing else like filter, image size, fps, saturation, and son on is needed while recording.

2015-9-27
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

It's good to have the histogram displayed while you are recording if you are looking to get good exposure results.
2015-9-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

To switch from auto to manual camera control you have to stop recording, it's not a bug. Once your in manual you can adjust the iso and shutter on the fly via the right wheel. To change from adjusting iso to shutter, press down on the right wheel.
2015-9-27
Use props
clive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm always in manual mode. Being a photographer I have never used auto.
The issue is the control for the panel is greyed out whilst recording video. Stop recording and it allows me to open and close the panel.
When it's open I can change ISO whilst filming. I just can't open of close the panel.
This must be a bug.

Try this:
Fly the bird.
Start filming.
Try and open the control panel to get access to the ISO setting.
2015-9-27
Use props
clive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-9-27 14:18
I have understood very well and I tried to explain how to get the best results... and the best resul ...

So, have you tried opening the panel whilst filming? Does it allow you to?
It's a bug.

If you think the only way to film is to get your settings right before you start filming the I'm happy for you but I'm reporting a bug.
2015-9-27
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Even with the panel unable to open while recording , you can change the shutter speed and ISO setting with the right wheel on the RC. And you can switch between ISO and shutter speed by clicking the wheel. Of course if you can change these settings with the right wheel, it is strange we are unable to open or close the panel while filming.
Using manual mode don't make anybody a "photographer" !!!
2015-9-27
Use props
clive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-9-27 18:16
Even with the panel unable to open while recording , you can change the shutter speed and ISO settin ...

I didn't realise you could switch between the two on the button. Cheers for that.

I didn't say I was a photographer because I use manual mode, rather as I was a photographer I used manual mode. There's a big difference.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules