Calibration
733 3 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photoworx
lvl.1
United States

I have a question on Calibration.  I have a Phantom 3 Professional and I have no problems with it at all but, when I calibrate the compass sometimes the image of the calibration steps remain on the IPAD screen, like I have not calibrated.  How do I know for sure the compass is calibrated? The screen always shows the # of satellites and the Green "Ready to fly GPS" is there.  Does that mean I am calibrated?  Thanks for you help on this issue.

2015-9-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is happening when you calibrate with the LEDs on the rear of the craft.  It should be a solid green.  Rotate the craft horizontally in a circle until the LED changes color.  Then point the nose down and continue to rotate.  When the LED turns off you are done.  It can take a rotation more than 360 degrees.  That is normal.  Just watch the LEDs and you should be fine and the pop up should disappear.
2015-10-4
Use props
photoworx
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 17:19
What is happening when you calibrate with the LEDs on the rear of the craft.  It should be a solid g ...

Thanks, I was doing it wrong and started to do it right and all is well...I had the rotation wrong.  Thanks for your help.
Photoworx
2015-10-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are welcome.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced