o(^-^)o
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-12-31 08:01
Hmm. Swipe where?
I still cant find GPS coordinates.

I'd be thrilled just to have a simple working satellite map back again. Just a hobbyist here, don't really need coordinates yet.
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-12-31 08:01
Hmm. Swipe where?
I still cant find GPS coordinates.

GPS cpprdomates are in the flight records when you play back your flight.
2017-1-1
Use props
Moonbeam 1
lvl.1

United States

I was just looking over this thread. I volunteer in SAR and I was just wishing today that it would be possible to see gps coordinates and heading of the drone while it is in flight. How hard could that be? It has gps. It shows other data like height, speed, etc. maybe make the location info optional for a user to toggle off if they don't like that making their screen too busy!

The option of having that data available in flight would be valuable to many types of users, as you can see from the interest on this thread. Believe me, there are MANY more who are interested!
2017-1-31
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I would really like that it saved most of my Hubsan H502S.
2017-1-31
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

In addition, please freeze the screen, until the drone has signal again if it gets lost/or not disrupted.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans065a44bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 622572 ft
United States

I too would like to see coordinates. It would be very helpful in case of a crash to see the last location. You can download an app off  the Apple site called "Coordinates" that will convert the coordinates to a specific  location.
2017-2-11
Use props
fans065a44bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 622572 ft
United States

I too would like to see coordinates. It would be very helpful in case of a crash to see the last location. You can download an app off  the Apple site called "Coordinates" that will convert the coordinates to a specific  location.
2017-2-11
Use props
fabiodurgant
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello is already getting the coordinates of gps in the dji go ??? How could you do any idea ???
2017-2-15
Use props
Lukenc
lvl.1
United States

Another SAR tech wishing for coordinates, with Hurricane IRMA in sight.  Sure would be nice to be able to hand coordinates to  people leaving on missions.  Embedding co-ords  into the exif info on photos would be like pennies from heaven.  UTM would be great, but Lat/Lon would be a lot better than what we have....
2017-9-8
Use props
ArcticRoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172976 ft
United States

Agree that we still need the ability to both constantly see, record, and enter coordinates natively in the DJI GO app.
In the meantime I made a video and a document about how to get the GPS coordinates from DJI GO while in flight. It's a bit cumbersome, but works without landing.
Video:
Document: https://docs.google.com/document ... 25atKBns1xU0yjr2Ixk
2018-1-15
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

should i wait for nothing to wait for ?
2018-1-15
Use props
JohnF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26234 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-11-17 02:23
The co-ordinates are all kept in the text file that is logged in each flight log. I prefer to keep the app as is. There are enough bad guys round (no disrespect to all you professionals); no need to see DJI in the headlines in a major European capital for the wrong reasons. I am fully aware Futaba and other RC makers already provide RT lat long elev data but its at extra cost and a module.

Perhaps those asking for real time unlock of GPS co-ordinates can show proper credentials and you get a custom unlock code with the agreement that you will  allow police and security persons to track you.

This response makes no sense to me. I'm confused on what your concern is? You apparently don't have an issue with it keeping the coordinates in a text file but somehow displaying those real time on the screen is a security concern?
2018-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Can't you see the GPS coordinates live with Litchi?  

Edit an hour later ...

I have Litchi for P2 and there's an option that shows live GPS coordinates as your fly right there on your FPV screen.  I have not purchased the newest Litchi yet, but I would assume they still have that option in the app.  

Good luck
2018-5-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-5-13 13:14
Can't you see the GPS coordinates live with Litchi?  

But why should we have to use a third party app just to have displayed information already present and being logged in the App.

+1 for possible display of the GPS coordinates during flight, if made as a toggle just like the histogram, display of cell voltage etc. it is up to the user if they want/need it present or not.

A feature like this had been very helpful for following "Rythm of Nature", being able to go back at same spot day after day to take a few shots for a timelapse from above.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules