Problem With Inspire Record Mode
1312 23 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just curious if anyone is having this problem; touch the record button on either of the transmitters (display or buttons) it begins record however when you hit the record to end the video there is a few seconds of delay with no ending then it appears the app is re-booting, and the screen turns solid gray then blue then black with the DJI logo in the center, then in a second or two the recording stops and everything seems normal. Only does it on occasion.

Thanks in Advance!

Everthing is up to date!

2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've done a little research and it looks as if I'm not the only one with this problem although I have not found a solution yet!
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update:

I'm running a Mac Mini 3 and I have now ruled out the displays because i tried an Android and an Iphone 6 and it does the same exact re-booting thing - I also tried airplane mode and WiFi off with no difference.
2015-9-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

does the app actually close and re-open completely or does the camera view screen just change?
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The camera control on the Mini freezes then the screen changes color then the DJI logo appears and every thing is normal again - as I mentioned above i don't think its the app its doing the same exact thing on a Mini 3 Iphone 6+ and a Android tablet. Must be the app in the controller that talks to the Mini.

By the way the RC unit still controls everything on the machine expect the camera.

Thanks
2015-9-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Maybe loose camera connection, or the two ribbon cables that go from gimble to inspire body. Check those and look at the connection plate on the camera and gimble, if the contacts are dirty you can use a pencil eraser to clean them carefully. Also you could try this. http://www.dronethusiast.com/lynh-phans-dji-inspire-1-tips-fixing-intermittent-drop-out-of-video-signal/
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Really don't feel its a loose connection it only happens during video recording - I can fly 2 hours as long as i don't record video its fine, no re-boot as soon as I record it re-boots.

I can also shoot stills no problem - a google search showed that some P3's are having the same problem.

Just curious if i can re-install the firmware or will it just look at it and avoid it if its the same version.
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-9-26 18:09
Really don't feel its a loose connection it only happens during video recording - I can fly 2 hours  ...

It will not reinstall. It will say you are already up to date. You could downgrade then reinstall the firmware.

You could also try uninstalling the Go App and reinstalling that.
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dave,

Thanks for the reply -  I tried three PD's -  Iphone - Mini 3 and an Android tablet so am I correct in assuming its most likely not the App?

You're right i could not replace the current firmware - Where can i find the old firmware to downgrade so I can do another upgrade? Also which version should I downgrade to and what about the transmitter do i do the same for that as well?

Thanks

Mike
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-9-26 19:15
Dave,

Thanks for the reply -  I tried three PD's -  Iphone - Mini 3 and an Android tablet so am I c ...

Yeah, I guess if you have done all those devices I would say it is not the App.

The older firmware is on the download page for the Inspire.

Here is the link for you.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Yes, I would downgrade the Tx also.
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Here is a great thread for you to look over real quick before you start doing a lot of firmware stuff.
It is for the P3 but the same rules apply to the I1 it is just different firmware.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=29857
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Make sure you Format the SD Card Using the DJI GO App before you install the older firmware. And before you put the new firmware on. Always do this step.
also be sure to Extract the downloaded firmware .BIN file into the root directory of the SD card.
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dave,

Thanks - I'm not certain where the downgrade bins are I only see three up here which i thought were all the newest revisions - could you specify which I'm looking for for the Inspire and controller?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 10.34.50 PM.png
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sure, just grab the Zip file for 1.3.0.00

That is the previous firmware and it will have the aircraft and TX firmware on it.
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dave - Thanks let me make sure i did this right before I change anything - I recently upgraded my Inspire with the new 1.4.0.10 and I upgraded my transmitter with the 1.3.0.00.

I was under the impression the 1.4.0.10 only had Inspire firmware -and not the TX in the same package so I used the 1.3.0.00 for the TX is that correct?

Thanks
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-9-26 20:31
Dave - Thanks let me make sure i did this right before I change anything - I recently upgraded my In ...

Yes that is correct. So actually in this case you will not be redoing your TX because it is already on 1.3.0.00
Sorry, I know I said earlier that you should do both TX and aircraft. Normally you would but this time the firmware is mismatched.

It is good you are asking the questions. You want to be very sure of what you are doing before you do this.
Take a good look at that thread I linked to.
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks - I have a feeling the problem is in the TX firmware - I just downgraded the Inspire to 3.0 then tried the record again and its exactly the same it re-boots every time I try to record - I'm now going to replace the Inspire firmware with the 1.4 but i have a feeling its not going to fix my problem which is why I was inquiring how I could change the TX firmware.

Thanks
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok Dave looks like I scored out - i replaced the Inspire firmware with the 1.4 and fired it up and its exactly the same as it was - as soon as i record it starts recording for 4-6 seconds and the rec button becomes in-operative then it reboots to a solid gray screen then blue then black with the DJI logo in the center then everything works again until I try to record.

Any idea what else to do - i have a dual transmitter set-up and when the other transmitter is on it locks up exactly the same.

Is there any way I can make the slave the master to see if that would work.

Thanks
2015-9-26
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dave,

I just finished pairing / linking my second transmitter to the Inspire and it does the same thing with the second transmitter - I'm going to post a video of the error

Here's a video of the problem - thanks

2015-9-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

have you tried a different sd card or formatted the one youre using?
have you tried using just one transmitter at a time, does it still happen then?
there is settings in the app to change them from slave to master.
2015-9-27
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Reformatted 3 cards all the same - does the same with one or two transmitters - tried formatting the slave as the master with no difference.

Thanks
2015-9-27
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

well since it happens on apple and android its gotta be a hardware issue, the apps are different.  do you have a local store that sells them or a friend that has one? try switching cameras and remotes and see if the issue follows the camera, remote, or the inspire.  Only change one thing at a time so you can tell for sure which one causes the issue.
2015-9-27
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I did switch to my second transmitter - same problem.  

The only thing i can think of is the camera - it got so hot when i first got the machine - now its somewhat normal.

What stumps me is the video is perfect so I'm not sure if that's the problem. some times i can fire it up and it works perfect for 4-5 times them starts re-booting.
2015-9-27
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

To update anyone who just tuned in - The problem I’m experiencing occurs when entering record mode, it begins to record then in a few seconds it causes the DJI Go app to re-boot.  I’ve spent days attempting to trouble shoot the problem and covered most everything such as down-grading then re-installing the firmware, trying different devices; Mini 3 – I phone 6 - & an Android – pairing my second transmitter – trying numerous cards in the camera, all to no avail.

Finally, yesterday I came up with the idea of trying to record in 1080P and it records and everything seems normal as long as I don’t try to record in 4k.

I’m guessing my problem is with my camera itself for the following reasons; right after I purchased the machine, the camera would get so hot you could not get the chip out of the slot without burning your fingers. My temp gauge showed the case temperature at 142 degrees - then all of a sudden the camera quit over-heating and now shows a somewhat normal temperature of 110-117 degrees after 20 minutes of operation with ambient temperature of 75-80 degrees.

It’s my guess the reason the DJI app re-boots on 4K video is because its having a problem saving the large clip and when it chokes in its attempt to save and close the file, it reaches a “time-out” status and reboots the app because it can’t go to its next instruction.

Regretfully, I have a few jobs which require 4K footage - when I called my selling dealer I was informed there is “No” replacement Inspire cameras available. So it looks like my new machine is less than Inspiring – any thoughts?

Regards – Mike   
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules