Problems between H3-D3 and Gopro
2789 18 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matiaspellejero
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi! Im having problems between my Gopro H3+ and my Gimbal H3-3D. I have instaled  the last firmware for my Gopro and after that when I plugged to the energy supply of the gimbal the gopro begins charging the batery and it is imposible to use. Sameone can help me please?
Thanks!
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It starts to charge but you can still power on the camera.
2015-9-27
Use props
matiaspellejero
lvl.1

Argentina

That´s correct even if a press the power button doesnt turn on. and keep charging. when I takes the energy supplies it work perfect.
2015-9-27
Use props
luigi.punix.gma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3120 ft
Italy

matiaspellejero Posted at 2015-9-27 23:16
That´s correct even if a press the power button doesnt turn on. and keep charging. when I takes the ...

I have the same problem. GoPro Hero3+ Silver FW 3.02 and H3-3D latest firmware.

When I Plug USb Cable, I cannot use Gopro. Please make a new debugged firmware for H3-3D.
2015-10-1
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a gopro issue and not a DJI issue. I will contact R&D and see if there is a solution but it sounds like gopro broke something, so when the camera is receiving a charge it cannot record?
2015-10-2
Use props
matiaspellejero
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 23:44
This is a gopro issue and not a DJI issue. I will contact R&D and see if there is a solution but it  ...

I´m sorry,  but that´s no correct, it is a problem between your firmware and the gopro, because if a plug in the GoPro with another source of energy  it works perfect. This problem only when I plug in with the gimbal.
Please try to find a solution.
Thank you
2015-10-5
Use props
dennyh40
lvl.1

United States

I have the exact same problem with mine. I have a friend  that I go fly with sometime and he has the same problem as well. It isnt the GOPRO. I can use the GoPro with an Immersion transmitter and dont have this problem. Also for the guys having the problem. I found out as well. If you turn on the GoPro before you plug in the mini usb and also turn on the video recording and then plug it in, for some reason it works. That is the only way it will work.
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dennyh40@gmail. Posted at 2015-10-16 14:18
I have the exact same problem with mine. I have a friend  that I go fly with sometime and he has the ...

The immersion TX doesn't use the HDMI port correct? This problem started with new Gopro fw correct?
2015-10-16
Use props
daguerra
lvl.1
Italy

same problem with the gopro 3+ silver and firmware 3.0.2 ... i'm looking forward to downgrade to an old version...
2015-10-23
Use props
SWAT1
lvl.1

United States

I have found a way too fix this issue. Using the gopro TX connector installed on the back plate mounting for the gopro on the h3 3d zenmuse gimbal. It cost roughly around 8 to 15 dollars and it solved this issue all together.
2016-1-11
Use props
doghunter
lvl.4

Australia

G'day. I am also having problems with my H3-3D gimbal and my GoPro Hero 3+ silver.
When I connect to my ground station then I see a USB symbol and 'Files are available'
When I contacted GoPro they sent me the following message:

Thank you for contacting GoPro support.

We're sorry to hear that you've  encounter some incompatibilities between your Gimbal and your  camera.
Unfortunately, once you've updated the camera's firmware you will  probably loose that connection compatibility.
The reason is simple.  All  cameras start acting as MTP devices meaning this,  "Media Transfer Protocol  (MTP)", is an extension to the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) communications  protocol that allows media files to be transferred atomically to and from  portable devices.

Also, downgrading the firmware is no longer  possible since it will make you losing the warranty of your camera.

So this has effectively rendered whole video system useless. Is there any way that DJI could upgrade the gimbal software to recognise the 'MTP' format?
There must be many other people with this problem and your own stock of H3-3D gimbals have also been rendered unworkable.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards * doghunter *

2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

doghunter Posted at 2016-9-7 13:27
G'day. I am also having problems with my H3-3D gimbal and my GoPro Hero 3+ silver.
When I connect to ...

I have provided this information to the R&D team and hope to have further information soon.

Just to clarify, what FPV system are you using?
2016-9-7
Use props
doghunter
lvl.4

Australia

Thank you for getting back so promptly.

I am using A2 Flight Controller, H3-3D Gimbal, BT Data Link, Minii OSD with Ground Station, TS 832 5.8GHz VTX with Sharp Vision SV7M-D 5.8 GHz video screen/recorder.
I had the same problem when I linked an iPad 4 mini to the ground station. In fact, the GoPro front display panel shows the same USB symbol and message.

The video link is working perfectly, it is just displaying what the GoPro decided to send. The DJI flight system works very well by the way, it is very precise thanks.

* doghunter *
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

doghunter Posted at 2016-9-8 07:44
Thank you for getting back so promptly.

I am using A2 Flight Controller, H3-3D Gimbal, BT Data Lin ...

Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving?
2016-9-8
Use props
doghunter
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-9 08:10
Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving?

G'day.
I took some photos, I hope that they help to demonstrate the problem.

Regards from Australia * doghunter *

GoPro Unplugged - 2s.jpg
Ground Station with GoPro unplugged - 3s.jpg
GoPro plugged into gimbal - 1.jpg
Ground Station with GoPro plugged into gimbal - 2.jpg
DJI Flight Electronics - 2s.jpg
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

doghunter Posted at 2016-9-9 09:09
G'day.
I took some photos, I hope that they help to demonstrate the problem.

Thank you for supplying the pictures. Have you happened to try turning on the GoPro and setting it to record before connecting the Mini USB connector, as dennyh40 described on Post #7? I just want to see if that is still a possibility for now.
2016-9-9
Use props
doghunter
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-10 03:39
Thank you for supplying the pictures. Have you happened to try turning on the GoPro and setting it ...

Thank you Jamie.

I tried what you suggested and I now have a video downlink.

You have been a lot more help than GoPro 'support'. Maybe DJI shall have to modify the H3-3D instruction manual as I am not going to be the only person with this problem.
(I hope that the team can develop a firmware upgrade for the GCU)

Thanks for your assistance, at least now I can fly.

Regards * doghunter *
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

doghunter Posted at 2016-9-10 07:20
Thank you Jamie.

I tried what you suggested and I now have a video downlink.

A notification can be something to look into for the time being. Thank you for the update, happy to hear you're back in the air.
2016-9-10
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Just to update this old thread (I used to be doghunter), I finally bit the bullet and did an online search and found this:

'Yes that is exactly what they did to the Hero 3+ line of cameras. So if you unwittingly updated your GoPro 3+ silver or black you can rollback to v2.0 and once again open your cameras USB video output to the TX. Use the following site to download a copy.'

[url]Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware[/url]

'When you downloaded the zip files to your download page unzip and put the three files into a master file called UPDATE then drag or copy/paste that file onto your SD card and load into your camera. Many others have made the same mistake of updating their cameras and have used this rollback procedure with success.'
I tried this and it worked ok, so just passing this on in case anybody else got their camera bricked by GoPro

* hex *
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules