phantom 3 standard poor quality camera
12Next >
17763 53 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

just got it today put new update on it and all the checks. so took it out for a flight see how it felt flew good fpv worked but when i looked at the videos an pictures they was poor as no way near hd let alone 2.7k. all fuzzy an blurd. really anoyed me as i aint paid all the money for less quality pics then the phantom 2 vision
2015-9-26
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Does the S have the same film over the lens to protect it when it is shipped?  If so, did you pull it off?
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Something is wrong with it or you still have the film on the lens like (agOn) said.  The pictures it produces are great, I just got one a couple weeks ago to test and I was amazed at how good the pics are.

Dave
2015-9-26
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cilm is not on the camera i do hav common sence lol
2015-9-26
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

but no the pics im gettin are blurry i dint change anythin straight out the box but when i took the pics an vids was not happy with them so looked at the settings but it was already set highest setting ie 2.7k
2015-9-26
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

the videos im getting look like been filmed in 360p/720p just blury and pixalated
2015-9-26
Use props
hawaii by air
lvl.1

United States

Have you uploaded the SD to a computer, or are you looking at the GO App? The GO App shouldn't be that bad, but its definitely not anywhere near 2.7K. If you are looking at the app, it may be worth a try to upload the SD to a computer.
2015-9-26
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 17:40
the videos im getting look like been filmed in 360p/720p just blury and pixalated

Does sound like you are not viewing the video off the sd card from the bird.But just viewing the cached video on your tablet.
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

i'd recommend you to clean the lens, i had pretty much the same impression having fingerprints on my lens
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i removed the sd card an looked on 4k phone aswel as the dji go app but still poor videos an pics in both ways. i use to do it with phantom 2 vision plus on my phone an they looked great but the pics im seein look no way near as good an the videos to
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

the videos are jumpy as in pixalated the lens is clean
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 09:04
the videos are jumpy as in pixalated the lens is clean

I have a standard - the quality of the camera is fantastic - sounds like you have a problem.

A few things cto consider:-

1 - are you transfering the videos from the card direct to your pc/mac - I know this was mentioned before but it has to be the card in the bird - if you do it from the phone the quality will be lower
2 - is the pc/mac you are using able to view the files in the right quality
3 - when you upload to facebook or youtube the quality drops
4 - what are you viewing them in? I am using a mac and they play in really good quality just out of photos.
5 - is the quality the same for video and stills?

Sorry if this doesnt help - but as a standard owner the quality is fantastic from my perspective - remember you will be limited by the resolution of what you are watching it on and also the source of the file
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

my phone is 4k screen so can handle the res but it bot coming thru. iv watched it on the app an was poor i took sd card out stuck it in my phone like i use to with phantom 2 + with always worked great but the pics an videos im gettin on here are really bad quality sumthin must be up
2015-9-27
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

How can you seriously check a video quality on a phone screen, being a 4K or not !!!
Can you post an example ?
Did you control the camera settings or it was full auto mode ?
What are the camera settings ?
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 11:28
my phone is 4k screen so can handle the res but it bot coming thru. iv watched it on the app an was  ...

top tip - always hit reply to post then the person gets a notification that you have replied.

I just read another post where someone had but all 4 gimble clips in - it is shipped with just 2 fitted and 2 spares - by fitting all 4 that really effected his quality - just a thought - post some examples (not from your phone but from your PC or mac so we can see)    how are you viewing them in your phone - what app/software are you using to do this - that could be your issue - I accept that you used to be able to do it on your old drone but has the phone been updated since?
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

@ulysse pretty easy actully as iv always dun it transfer the data over from sd card to my phone. worked every other time with phantoms... i watch on dji go app all fuzzy an pizalated watch on phone after exportin it pixalated an fuzzy all settings are on auto as it came out of box i fort maybe the the setting so check but all ok
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 11:46
@ulysse pretty easy actully as iv always dun it transfer the data over from sd card to my phone. wor ...

remember the REPLY to post!

and have you clicked the check box when in the DJI app download to HD when you have edited? - the app is different to the one you were using on your previous phantoms - try it on PC/Mac and then let us know
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-9-27 12:22
remember the REPLY to post!

and have you clicked the check box when in the DJI app download to HD ...

yes it says downloading in HD but now the app keeps stoppin so cant make a video to upload so gonna try take the sd card an see what i can do
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 12:55
yes it says downloading in HD but now the app keeps stoppin so cant make a video to upload so gonn ...

https://instagram.com/p/8IjMDnJU-t/
here just a quick vid iv kind of sorted the pics out just put this on instgram so ya can see what i mean then gonna delete it off there
2015-9-27
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 16:02
i removed the sd card an looked on 4k phone aswel as the dji go app but still poor videos an pics in ...

could you please post some pics so we could see?
2015-9-27
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

the video I saw on Instagram looks like video streamed to the app and not the sd card
2015-9-27
Use props
Timmmjohnson94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2569823 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like he's downloading the pictures from the SD card wirelessly via the DJI GO App. This is obviously his problem... You need an SD card reader, and you need to extract the pictures from the SD card to a PC or MAC. Then you will be able to see the full quality of the pictures. You will not get full quality of the video and picture if you download them wirelessly.
2015-9-27
Use props
Timmmjohnson94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2569823 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also what phone are you using? Your phone may be able to take 4k video, but your screen resolution is not 4k (i.e. The iPhone 6).

One more thing, when you post video to instagram, the video quality is reduced drastically i.e. ( https://instagram.com/p/7RhfFDsAf9/ ) VS ( )
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2015-9-27 13:38
could you please post some pics so we could see?

just uploaded a video of the flicking on my dji profile hav a look
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2015-9-27 13:40
the video I saw on Instagram looks like video streamed to the app and not the sd card

no i want i just took it frim the sd card and uploaded it on instgram
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Timmmjohnson94 Posted at 2015-9-27 14:12
Also what phone are you using? Your phone may be able to take 4k video, but your screen resolution i ...

my phone screen is 4k
2015-9-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 07:13
https://instagram.com/p/8IjMDnJU-t/
here just a quick vid iv kind of sorted the pics out just put  ...

What I saw in your video is the cached version coming from the GO app.  I could see the video lag and signal cut outs a couple times.  This is sure looking like the cached version.  
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

im just deleting everythin an gonna start again
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-27 14:21
What I saw in your video is the cached version coming from the GO app.  I could see the video lag  ...

so if go out fly around take pics an videos do i then just try an upload to my computer using the sd card insted of using the app to download them
2015-9-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 09:36
so if go out fly around take pics an videos do i then just try an upload to my computer using the  ...

Exactly, I think you will see what you want to see then.  The Standard uses wifi to stream video and you were flying in a very urban area so your video stream was probably getting some interference from all the wifi in the area.   But the data being actually recorded on the SD card will not be the streamed version it will come directly from the camera.

Edit: I should add that hopefully your PC can handle the that high res video ( i mean the codec).  If you see it stopping and starting then you might need an upgraded codec.  So take some video in the highest res and then take some at 1080p that way you will have some of both to compare.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

2015-9-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

To review your raw videos and pictures. Please pull the sd card from the device and use your computer to review them. This is definitely from the smart device cache.
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

All the things you have done so far will all result in poor quality video - as has been said you need to plug your card into your PC or Mac - anything uploaded via a phone to facebook/instagram etc etc is going to be compressed
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

flippyloo69@goo Posted at 2015-9-27 15:36
so if go out fly around take pics an videos do i then just try an upload to my computer using the  ...

Spot on!
2015-9-27
Use props
flippyloo69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-9-27 18:04
Spot on!

i will try it out just anoying as phantom 2 just put sd card in phone easy lol ill see if computer helps in anyway thanks
2015-9-27
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

yes.. you must actually physically remove the sd card from the drone to view the high quality pictures and video. The difference is like night and day
2015-9-27
Use props
Timritchieblue
New

United States

My still pictures are clear, but my video sucks
2015-9-27
Use props
Timritchieblue
New

United States

Timritchieblue Posted at 2015-9-27 12:54
My still pictures are clear, but my video sucks

http://youtu.be/F5wiopzGe40
2015-9-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Timritchieblue Posted at 2015-9-27 18:55

If you are taking your sd card from the bird and your PC is up to the job of playing the HQ video and that is the result then there must be something wrong.

You tube will reduce the quality but not like that.  This is the kind of quality I get on youtube from my standard
2015-9-29
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3

United Kingdom

and those are out of the box settings
2015-9-29
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Timritchieblue Posted at 2015-9-27 12:55

If you read the other posts.  This is not the video from the SD card.  You uploaded the streamed version from your cache on your device.  I can see the cut outs in the streamed signal.
2015-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules