Should i get rid of my phantom 3 and get the inspire?
951 8 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

I recently got the Phantom 3 pro and i think its a great drone, but i am trying to start a business doing arial photography with it. What are the pros and cons of the inspire vs the Phantom 3? Anyone have both of them to make some comparisons? Thanks in advance.
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

If you are going to be working professionally you need to have a backup. So keep both. The P3 can be your backup.
2015-9-26
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

yes good advice...from dji dave  i have both .. Inspire is worth every penny ....totally different beast even though it produces similar photographic output... I-1 is more stable and substantial .... but i carry my p-3  everywhere i travel due to size.
2015-9-27
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Id keep it. I sold my Phantom 3 after I got my inspire 1 and I totally regret it.
2015-9-27
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Keep your P3, use it for you \r personal needs and not demanding jobs, also you will need if you're going to travel anywhere by plane or other kind of trips, the Inspire use it for more expensive works, and if you have the money take advantage of the Inspire Pro and get it, in that way you will have two different beasts, and at the same time a back up...
2015-9-27
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Keep it, and buy the Inspire. Use the phantom for the risky jobs or as other said, for traveling or hiking or anywhere you feel that the inspire is too big (some interiors). But if you are serious on going pro, think about buying the Inspire Pro or even the Pro with X5r
2015-9-27
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

agreed, keep phantom.  
2015-9-27
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I own both an Inspire and a Phantom 3 Pro. I use the Inspire for chase/follow videography using the Inspire 1 and Autopilot from Autoflight Logic on my iPhone 6 Plus. For general aerial photography, especially in places where the bulk and weight of the Inspire simply would be too much (or even dangerous), I stick with the Phantom 3 Pro.

For my use cases, the main difference lies with the flexibility of the gimbal. I've found the P3P to be as fast and agile as the Inspire, holds its own in gusty conditions, and it is lighter and easier to work with on the run.

My game plan is to keep both, potentially upgrade to the X5 camera if I can justify it (or sell the i1 and get an i1 Pro).
2015-9-27
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Keep the 3 if you can afford to, buy the newer inspire pro you'll probably love it .. If it were me I'd wait for the pro to be available in stock at a certified reputable dealer and not preordered ..
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules