draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

2015-9-27
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

Also sent my bird out today for the second time using Litchi.
Felt strange to just let it go on it's own. I did fine.
2015-9-27
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-9-27 13:30
Felt strange to just let it go on it's ...

Scary I will bet,  LOL
2015-9-27
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Congrats!  Nice location!
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-9-27 20:55
Congrats!  Nice location!

Yeah, i always fly here. very happy with the way point flying. watched the drones progress on the tablet screen until it returned.
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

EL SID Posted at 2015-9-27 19:30
Felt strange to just let it go on it's ...

yeah i know the feeling. watched the progress on the tablet screen untill it returned. kept my eye on the altitude and was happy to see it reports moving all the time ha ha ha
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-9-27 20:53
Scary I will bet,  LOL

very much scary. happy to see how it adjust the camera according to the points of interest. can do a lot with this app if i increase the way point density.
2015-9-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

draadkar Posted at 2015-9-27 15:12
very much scary. happy to see how it adjust the camera according to the points of interest. can do ...

Dra,

Did a Litchi Ground Station mission yesterday, 60 waypoints and camera focusing on 3 of the nearest POI's. Flew without a single hiccup! They've done a great job with this app!

Jerry
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-27 21:16
Dra,

Did a Litchi Ground Station mission yesterday, 60 waypoints and camera focusing on 3 of the  ...

now that is what i am talking about, 60 way points, i only had 7 ha ha. next time ill make more waypoints and adjust the altitude to view points of interest better. agree with you it is a great app
2015-9-27
Use props
joepilly2
lvl.1

United States

so, does the phantom 3 need the newest firmware to run waypoints in Litchi?  or it only needs the latest fw update for the go app? I Have a Phantom 3 and Litchi, but it wont do the waypoints, but I have not and will not put the latest FW update on yet.

thanks.
Joe
2015-9-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

draadkar Posted at 2015-9-27 15:22
now that is what i am talking about, 60 way points, i only had 7 ha ha. next time ill make more wa ...

Dra,

Yes 60! Did a circular spiral around about 10 acres, Starting at about 100' altitude. I adjusted the altitude of each waypoint up by about 4-5'. The spiral got tighter with each circle (like an upside-down ice cream cone). The total distance was 13,920' with the altitude at waypoint 57 of 278'. It took about 10 minutes to complete. I also created 3 POI's and had the gimbal focus on the nearest one with each pass. Needless to say the bird and the gimbal got quite a workout. Before I start using these advanced functions for more serious stuff I wanted to see if it was even capable. It performed better than I expected. Too windy to do any further testing today. Good luck with your next flights!

Jerry
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-27 22:07
Dra,

Yes 60! Did a circular spiral around about 10 acres, Starting at about 100' altitude. I adju ...

thanks for sharing this impressive flight info. it gives us more confidence to increase next flight time and distance. Good thing is i can now plan my next flight at home and save it. soon as i reach the beach i can just upload and fly
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

joepilly2 Posted at 2015-9-27 22:03
so, does the phantom 3 need the newest firmware to run waypoints in Litchi?  or it only needs the la ...

you have to do the newest firmware upgrade, Phantom 3 Professional/advanced Firmware v1.4.0010, for the craft . this upgrade does not include the RC, but the RC must be upgraded to the before latest upgrade, Phantom 3 Professional/advanced Firmware v1.3.20, before you do the new update to the craft. I did the upgrade on the 10th September 2015 and have not had any problems flying with DJi go or Litchi apps
2015-9-27
Use props
woema
lvl.2

South Africa

Where can I download the Litchi apps? Not able to find it in the app store.
2015-9-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

woema@me.com Posted at 2015-9-27 22:39
Where can I download the Litchi apps? Not able to find it in the app store.

Woema,

It's only available for the Android platform in the Google Playstore. There is not a version available for IOS devices.

Jerry
2015-9-27
Use props
Tomtnt
lvl.2

United States

video pretty shaky -was it windy?
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

Tomtnt Posted at 2015-9-28 05:58
video pretty shaky -was it windy?

hahaha no not much wind, i think the phantom was scared like the owner
2015-9-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love litchi.  My inspire did it's first  autonomous flight on Saturday and performed well and  impressed that I had no lag on video.  Will test the P3 on the weekend  
2015-9-27
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

After doing a bunch of test Waypoint flights I finally got the courage to test it in a longer range and flew to waypoints 1 mile apart for a total of 4+ miles  and it worked like a charm.  I haven't figured out the POI during waypoint missions yet but will read up on that next and try it out.

So far I love it and only use the GO app to check for updates, sensors, camera setup, and batteries, etc. and fly almost exclusively with Litchi.  Just installed the HDMI module and will set up a 22" computer monitor I have for viewing the live flights as soon as I get a HDMI mini adaptor.  I though it is was the micro HDMI and had one of them from an old Acer tablet so was disappointed I couldn't try it out today.  I had to make a deeper hood for my Note 4 because of so much glare and while I was at it made a hood for the 22" monitor.
2015-10-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

JerEl Posted at 2015-10-22 01:39
After doing a bunch of test Waypoint flights I finally got the courage to test it in a longer range  ...

Jer,

You guys might like this Litchi GS run:

Jerry

http://youtu.be/ixUscIx65dQ
2015-10-22
Use props
Prometheus Xex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178068 ft
Canada

Just a question: I thought Litchi had to have it's own firmware installed on the Phantom. No?

Does Litchi place the waypoints, etc, on the Phantom, or does it still control though the remote?
2015-10-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Prometheus Xex Posted at 2015-10-22 10:06
Just a question: I thought Litchi had to have it's own firmware installed on the Phantom. No?

Does  ...

Prom,

No, you can use the stock DJI firmware. Only some of the Alpha and Beta test releases have required developmental firmware. The version available through the Playstore is for use with the stock firmware.

You use Litchi instead of the DJI Go app. You can then create static waypoint routes similar to what you may do with a GPS unit in your car. You can do this at your kitchen table with nothing powered up except for your tablet and your network connection. At each waypoint you can tell the bird what you may want it to do, things like rotate, change camera angle, take a picture, etc. Once you've completed your waypoint mission you can save it to a file on your tablet. You can then take your bird to that location, fire up your bird, open Litchi and load that file onto your tablet. You then will use Litchi to "upload" that file to your Phantom. Litchi will send those precise instructions to your bird and let you begin that mission. The bird will now fly that flight with the instructions already on the bird. You will just "watch" the flight. You can regain control of the bird at anytime as long as you still have control signal. If the bird loses control signal it will continue on the route it was assigned. Once the bird comes back into control signal range, you will be able to take over the control of the craft if you choose. The most important aspect of this type of flight is proper and thorough understanding of all failsafe mechanisms, understanding Litchi and very detailed waypoint planning. I may plan a flight for an hour or more, sometimes many hours even though the flight itself may only last 10, 12 or 15 minutes. Probably a longer answer than you were looking for but that's the long and short of it.

Jerry
2015-10-22
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-22 08:03
Jer,

You guys might like this Litchi GS run:

Very nice video.   How did you get the routed path and progress up in the upper left of that video and all the stats in the bottom?!

Was this all done with Litchi waypoints?
2015-10-22
Use props
Prometheus Xex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178068 ft
Canada

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-22 11:42
Prom,

No, you can use the stock DJI firmware. Only some of the Alpha and Beta test releases have  ...

Wow, thanks! Your answer was perfect for what I needed to know.

I did notice in the OP's video that when the Phantom went though it's assigned course, the starts/stops and camera movements weren't smooth. It would be nice if Litchi were to execute each step with smoother movements.
EDIT: Purchasing Litchi now.
2015-10-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Prometheus Xex Posted at 2015-10-22 13:33
Wow, thanks! Your answer was perfect for what I needed to know.

I did notice in the OP's video tha ...

Prom,

Litchi is a very robust application. Smoothness can be achieved through different variables.

Jerry
2015-10-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-22 12:30
Very nice video.   How did you get the routed path and progress up in the upper left of that video  ...

Flight,

No, it's from another program called Dashware ( http://www.dashware.net ). It's available for free with full functionality. Basically, you bring your video and the Litchi flight log into the program and merge them. You can then display different information from the logs onto the screen.

Jerry
2015-10-22
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-22 15:07
Flight,

No, it's from another program called Dashware ( http://www.dashware.net ). It's available ...

That is so cool!   Thanks for the pointer and, again, nice video.
2015-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules