Phantom 2 Vision Plus
1869 8 2014-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob_35976
New

United States

Does all DJI Phantom 2 Vision + have the same frequency for both drone and controller? I ask cause I think someone tried to hijack my drone as I was flying over a neighborhood, I lost all control but had visual on it, then it came back under my control.

2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

They all have the same frequency, but individual mac addresses.  So your transmitter will only talk back and forth to your Phantom.  No one else has your mac address on your range extender.  What direction did you have your transmitter pointing?  Was it pointing directly at the Phantom?
2014-12-15
Use props
rob_35976
New

United States

Yes it was and within 50' of my location. Does low batteries in either drone or controller have any effect like this that you know of?
2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rob_35976@yahoo Posted at 2014-12-15 21:36
Yes it was and within 50' of my location. Does low batteries in either drone or controller have any  ...

Very little signal comes from the end of the antenna.  The strongest signal comes from the side of the antenna.  Have the antenna pointed 90 degrees to where your Phantom is.  If right in front of you, have antenna pointed to the side.(left or right)  Low battery in the Phantom, less than 30% will trigger sound you are getting low on power and flash red border on your screen, 15% will initiate RTH mode.  Transmitter will start beeping when getting low on power.
2014-12-15
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

As far as I understand it, you communicate with the Phantom via two systems. One is 5.8Ghz and is direct from the transmitter. The second works via the range extender and is basically a wifi hotspot.

The extender is used to monitor the video, and program waypoints and that works on the 2.4ghz wavelength like your home wifi router. So were you using the vision app and lose video too ?

I don't think the transmitter uses a MAC address that's a network system, although it is paired to your phantom in some way. It would be feasible that a strong carrier on the same frequency could well disrupt control, especially as you get further away from you and nearer the interference.

If I am wrong some one will post with how the system works.
2014-12-15
Use props
rob_35976
New

United States

Ok, thanks Gerry1124. One more ? if you dont mind. When the drone kicks in RTH mode on low power does the controller have any effect on it at that time?
2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rob_35976@yahoo Posted at 2014-12-15 21:48
Ok, thanks Gerry1124. One more ? if you dont mind. When the drone kicks in RTH mode on low power doe ...

That's what the binding does, it eliminates interference.  I have 2 duplicate controls but can only bind one of them to operate the Phantom.  The mac address is for video connection for transmission through the range extender.
2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rob_35976@yahoo Posted at 2014-12-15 21:48
Ok, thanks Gerry1124. One more ? if you dont mind. When the drone kicks in RTH mode on low power doe ...

I'm not sure about that, I've never got to the 15% margin.  I think you can take control and land, but don't quote me.
2014-12-15
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-15 21:56
I'm not sure about that, I've never got to the 15% margin.  I think you can take control and land, ...

You are correct. Any time it's in RTH mode you can regain control by flipping the S1 switch down and then  back up, assuming it's in range and the controller is functioning properly.
2014-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules