Music?
959 4 2015-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

What exactly is the law on copy writted music? If i don't make money on the video, mention the name is that enough? I am currently using Motion Array and the music is ok, but limited...
2015-9-27
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

It is real simple. If you don't own the rights to music then you are in violation of copyright infringement and or intellectual copyright violation. I think if you aren't profiting the artist
could care less or ownership. But I am not a civil or criminal lawyer. I plan to do a video pretty soon and I'll be using a song that is copyrighted but not for profit just something little I am doing. Worst case you will be advise to remove. If you were selling the video and profiting you can bet your bottom dollar you would be in a world of trouble!
2015-9-27
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

ibdronin Posted at 2015-9-27 15:25
It is real simple. If you don't own the rights to music then you are in violation of copyright infri ...

Thanks that is what I figured.
Any idea where to purchase the rights? Or do you have to just call the production house
I researched it thanks I guess the easiest is to just contact a third party who can negotiations it for you. Good and bad news lol
2015-9-27
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I'll be honest. I'm not certain how it works. But trust this. It can cost you thousands just for 30 seconds of a song. Call a large music house and go from there. Someone on here might know a lot more.
2015-9-27
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

There is plenty of royalty free music on the internet. Search for it. Youtube can add music to your videos. Sometimes Youtube will allow certain copyrighted music on your video but will place ads on it. There is also music that can be used free or low rates for non-commercial usage but has a higher rate for commercial use. Commercial licenses vary depending on what services you use and where the video will be displayed... e.g. more expensive on TV than internet or a kiosk. I have licensed music rights from Triple Scoop Music.  There are many others.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules