Jello effect
1583 12 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

It seems when i fly ad horizontal speed i have jello, when i hover it is not vissible, what could it be?
2015-9-28
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

you have this problem ???
[/url]
2015-9-28
Use props
stevegreentechy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558031 ft
United Kingdom

This is caused by fast shutter speed. Are you using an ND filter in bright conditions?
2015-9-28
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also check the dampeners for any damage. I would also check props and motors as well.
2015-9-28
Use props
SpookyDonkey
lvl.1

United States

stevegreentechy Posted at 2015-9-28 07:37
This is caused by fast shutter speed. Are you using an ND filter in bright conditions?

This.

Jello is usually caused by fast shutter speeds. A good rule-of-thumb is that the shutter speed should be ~2x the framerate. If you're shooting in 24 FPS the shutter speed should be around 50, and for 60 FPS it should be around 120.
2015-9-28
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

no ND filter, the problem occurs almost always in the video THEN, when the P3A, revolves around an object, I almost always used a polarizing filter and I've never had this problem, in the video I did not use the polarizer.
Never had damage on gimball
2015-9-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This has been covered before, jello effect is caused by high frequency vibration shaking the camera. It is a feature of all CMOS sensors that use a rolling shutter device. The best way to minimise it is to eliminate the vibration, and that vibration is most likely caused by slight out-of-balance in your props. It is not caused by a gimbal fault either, because gimbals cannot remove high frequency vibration. DJI-BladeStrike has already said what needs to be done.
2015-9-28
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

I notice that when i hover ad low altitude i see the whole gimball shake and  vibrate, so i thing i am trying another set of props, perhaps the carbon type of DJI and see what happens, thank for all the reactions
2015-9-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What ever you decide to do, I would buy a prop balancer and check the balance on each prop. Balancers are not expensive.
2015-9-29
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Perhaps i will buy a prop balancer tnx..
2015-10-2
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Same problem.  Bought a balancer.
All propers were already perfectly balanced.
Bearings in the motors dry out (or weren't lubed well at the factory) and or the races get damaged.
When more than one motor has this issue they can crate a symphony of vibration together.

Download and use "Vibrometer" on your android or apple device and you'll be able to tell how much and which motors have issues.  (Props off)
2015-10-2
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have tryed the new carbon props, but still jello..., i am sure it has nothing to do with the gimball, so perhaps back to the shop?
i know DJI gives one year warranty the drone is from may so i think this is a warranty issu?
2015-10-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting this occasionally also. I fitted the additional retaining pins (spare ones that came with the drone) so that all 4 are fitted - could this be a cause ?
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules