2374 22 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am one to complain about terrible customer service, but also one to give credit where credit is due.
Had a Phantom 3 Professional where the gimbal was going nuts. This unit has never been crashed, hard landings, etc. Had just updated the firmware and took it out for a 20 minute flight. Everything was perfect. Customer got it and called me the minute he fired it up and said the gimbal was going crazy. Was getting the "overload" message and nothing we tried would fix it. Had a new camera and gimbal drop shipped to him and the new one was perfect. Got the old camera back and tested it and there is somethign wrong with it for sure. One thing customers of mine have complained about is the gimbal lock falling off in transit. No doubt they are junk and have since ordered some 3rd party ones that seem to be working perfectly. I feel as though when the lock fell off it allowed the gimbal to flow freely and somehow got knocked hard in transit and screwed it up.
That being said, I called customer service on Friday morning. Waiting for about 10 minutes and then got hung up on accidentally. No big deal as I knew the call line can be big sometimes. Called right back and got an immediate answer. Spoke to Jonathan S who could not have been better. He asked me some different questions and already told him I had tried this, that, you name it. Said I would have to send in the entire Phantom 3, but told him the rest of it is flawless and flys perfectly. Spoke to his supervisor who said I coudl just send in the gimbal and camera. Got an RMA and label emailed within 10 minutes. Jonathan could not have been nicer and was very helpful and just wanted to give kudos to him. I asked him how the new shop was going and he said it was nice to have more room and be able to complete more orders. I will keep everyone posted on their findings, but wanted to give a tip of the hat to a good first experience.
2015-9-28
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I have nothing but great things to say about DJI customer service.  After sending my P3A in to the US center, they told me exactly how long it could take, what I should do to obtain notification about repair, and the final resolution.  All went as planned and I am now flying again!  A happy customer - thanks DJI !
2015-9-28
Use props
UKP3p
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403816 ft
United Kingdom

I have nothing but negative things to say about DJIs absolutely terrible customer service !!

My P3 Pro has been sat at my dealers office ( Firstpersonview ) for a month now waiting for DJI to authorise a replacement or repair.   

I have spent ALOT or money with DJI and now I have absolutely nothing to show for it.  Disgraceful  !!

Has one started or thinking of starting legal proceedings against DJI ??

2015-9-28
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-28
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

UKP3p Posted at 2015-9-28 13:50
I have nothing but negative things to say about DJIs absolutely terrible customer service !!

My P3 ...

They may be getting better - I do have reason to believe they are - but mine has been at DJI's U.S. repair facility since June, and I've had conflicting messages from them on the status.  To answer your question, Yes - I did engage my lawyer, who is communicating with them.
2015-9-28
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest excuse I got was "the person dealing with your call has been fired and now we don't have anyone to answer you, by the way we are of on holiday Bye"
2015-9-30
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

stevetredwell Posted at 2015-9-30 22:46
The latest excuse I got was "the person dealing with your call has been fired and now we don't have  ...

LOL par for the course.
2015-10-1
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

That's a dramatically different experience from what I'm now going through.  I had a catastrophic battery failure which resulted in the P3P going down into a lake.  I was told by the phone support team that I shouldn't expect anyone at "management" to even look at the documentation for well over a month.
2015-10-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

UKP3p Posted at 2015-9-28 13:50

My P3 ...

If you are trying to get warranty repairs then your dealer cannot do that for you.  You must do it yourself.  I am not sure what your dealer is trying to do but that is at least the policy in the US.  
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

stevetredwell Posted at 2015-9-30 22:46
The latest excuse I got was "the person dealing with your call has been fired and now we don't have  ...

Steve that is unfortunate.  That is not our policy.  Did you call China or Germany?
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bluevista Posted at 2015-10-2 07:17
That's a dramatically different experience from what I'm now going through.  I had a catastrophic ba ...

Blue did you get an RMA?  If so what is it and where was it opened?
2015-10-4
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-5 04:33
Blue did you get an RMA?  If so what is it and where was it opened?

I filled out paperwork last Monday (7/28) and submitted it along with proof of purchase from Amazon, and even a photo of me in a kayak searching around the crash site.  I have a ticket number (#208847), and nothing else.  The phone support team said it would be well over a month before anybody in "management" would even get around to looking at the paperwork.

Since the drone is at the bottom of a lake, there's not much need for an RMA, but that topic hasn't even come up, since nobody at DJI has even looked at the ticket yet.  

I've seen multiple reports in various forums that says an 8-10 week response rate should be expected.  This means that a best-case scenario on the present course would let me fly again around Christmas, missing all the beautiful Autumn foliage.  

I was in the process of filing for an FAA 333 exemption, but not THAT's on hold, and I had ordered a Headplay unit that's about to arrive, and by the time I get a replacement Phantom 3, the warranty on the Headplay will have expired.

2015-10-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Do you still have the flight log on your device?  If so can you download it and send it to me?  That would be helpful.
2015-10-5
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-6 02:25
Do you still have the flight log on your device?  If so can you download it and send it to me?  That ...

The forum reply mechanism won't let me attach a *.txt file.  :-(

Suggestions?

Are you with DJI's tech support team?  If so, you can see all the stuff I filed with ticket #208847.  I also posted a sub-set of the information on this thread... http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid233314

I was able to upload my log file to HealthyDrones.com, but it show's a partial story.  Apparently the drone was higher than I thought (which is good), but that the malfunction showed up only 39 seconds into the flight.

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications

2015-10-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am the NA Forum Support Manager.  I have already looked at your ticket.  Can you play the file with the stick view enabled and record it.  It will show the battery condition, flight mode etc.  
2015-10-5
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-6 03:07
I am the NA Forum Support Manager.  I have already looked at your ticket.  Can you play the file wit ...

I'm sorry... I'm not at all sure what you're asking.

But... I was able to upload the file to a folder on my web site.  The following link will show the contents of a folder, and you should be able to see the log and download directly from there.

I appreciate the help.

http://blue-vistas.com/dji/

2015-10-5
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

Bluevista Posted at 2015-10-6 03:38
I'm sorry... I'm not at all sure what you're asking.

But... I was able to upload the file to a fo ...

In that same folder, you will also now find an Excel spreadsheet of the datalog.  I've been using that to pour through the data as best I'm able.  You'll see some rows and columns highlighted for things I've found interesting.

Note: If this is easier to handle by email (as opposed to an open forum) then I'm just as happy.
2015-10-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sent you an email.
2015-10-5
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

I have mixed reactions to what happened yesterday afternoon.

First ... great relief that you were able to help escalate the support issue I was facing.  I was very frustrated hearing that I might have to wait well over a month before hearing back from management on my issue, and your intervention helped restore my confidence in your company.
Then... I saw the email reply from the problem ticket. :-(

Even though by all measures the drone was lost because of technical problems with the unit (my first-person experience, dozens of witnesses, and even the data log(!) suuport this), I'm basically being told that I have to purchase an entire new system.  The modest price discount softens that blow only slightly.  
  • I only need a replacement for the drone, battery, and mem stick... I still have a working recharger and RC unit
  • I'm being asked to buy extra stuff I don't need, so the price discount really isn't doing much for me.
  • DJI seems to be overlooking the part about how a technical malfunction of the unit was the root cause of all this.

What are my options here?
Please tell me it's not something along the lines of "like it or lump it".

2015-10-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bluevista Posted at 2015-10-6 10:42
I have mixed reactions to what happened yesterday afternoon.

First ... great relief that you were ...

I am not in charge of that department.  I cannot speak for them.  I will say that we receive many requests for replacements where the unit is not available.  Many of them are scams.  That is why I asked you for more detail on the crash into the water.  
2015-10-6
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 21:32
Steve that is unfortunate.  That is not our policy.  Did you call China or Germany?

Hi
I tried calling Germany but the line is always busy (nice trick for avoiding customers) then got a number for Holland which is apparently unpublished, then stuff started to happen DOA arrived, RMA arrived sent back aircraft it was received Friday 25th according to UPS. Then back to the usual avoiding tactics, then to add insult to injury as I say person dealing with call fired, then more insult China went on holiday without sending new product. I purchased when I did to take drone on holiday on 21st October and I am not at all confident that I will see something in time for holiday. My Grandaughter will be heartbroken but seems DJI dosent care.

2015-10-7
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-7 14:18
I am not in charge of that department.  I cannot speak for them.  I will say that we receive many  ...

I appreciate the need to protect yourself from scams.

So is that the only barrier to my not being able to get a full replacement?  If you need more testimony, that will be easy to provide.  The event was witnessed by two different Boy Scout Troops and their leaders.  I can easily get statements from a half dozen before the day is out, and that will include one of the local district attorneys.

If you need to get the soggy carcass, that may be more difficult.  The place is a 2 hour drive from here, and it's in about 16-20 feet of murky water.  If it means my not having to pay $881, then it's worth a try, but no bets.

I would have thought that between the data logs showing the malfunction/error, and the fact that the last reported position was clearly over water (along with the testimonials of the above people) that DJI would know that I wasn't scamming them.

I understand that you're in the middle and can't speak for the people making the decision.  Is there a way you can somehow put me in more direct contact?  An email or phone number for a human?

Thanks
2015-10-7
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 21:32

Germany is permanently busy, got dutch number who answer but cant do anything as its with china.
Now they have sent replacement but didn't fill in documentation properly indicating its a replacement so I have had to pay £70 duty and tax!!!!! Sent email to china for a refund, the pain continues don't know why I just don't stick needles in my eyes it would be more pleasant.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules