United States

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/download
2015-9-28
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

DONT DO IT!

Every single firmware they release has issues.
2015-9-29
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an issue where when I go into briefcase mode on the left, it would spin out of control. So I was hoping that this new firmware would solve that issue... apparently it didn't solve the issue. I noticed auto tune was quicker.
2015-9-29
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Who will be the first suckers to try it...:@
2015-9-29
Use props
Ryza
New

Malaysia

They didn't mention any details for the update. Lets hope its a working one
2015-9-29
Use props
Andresestepona
lvl.1
Spain

Ronin Hello friends, I received today my ronin m, and do not know whether to upgrade the firmware, which recommend me?
Apart firmware ronin m I have to upgrade anything else? I am a true rookie.
Thank you.
2015-10-1
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aside from the cable problem I had, The firmware seems fine to me.
2015-10-1
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

Anyone else have any feedback about the new firmware?

I haven't updated from stock firmware yet. I am deathly afraid to upgrade and break my unit because DJI does not respond to support issues.
2015-10-2
Use props
Andresestepona
lvl.1
Spain

I did and I have not noticed anything unusual , everything works just like me . I am a rookie I have only been two days with Ronin M.
2015-10-2
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

I tested it out and compared it to the stock fw, seems to be slower adjusting the tilt back to center, stock wasn't able to do it all by it self either but this seems to be slower. The jerky movement seems to be sorted though, not 100% as i haven't tested enough.

Briefcase mode doesn't work as the camera dosen't level properly when entering BM, adjusting the tilt with the Thumb remote doesn't work either, as it only allows upwards movement, it does not allow enough tilt down to level the camera for some reason ? In normal mode i have the full range of the tilt with the Thumb Remote. However the Remote control does work to get it levelled...

That's what i found out so far at least.
2015-10-3
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

Brutal.

I won't upgrade from stock firmware until we get a solid update.
2015-10-3
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-10-3 05:51
I tested it out and compared it to the stock fw, seems to be slower adjusting the tilt back to cente ...

Can the thumb control help with the drifting to one side problem on the fly, I am thinking about getting the thumb controller so when the camera starts to drift to the,Not being level, can I compensate that out with the thumb controller? Would be nice to know. Or does the thumb controller not work to level the camera out? Hope that makes sense, but basically I have the same problem as many where after 1-2 minutes the camera leans to one side. Can the thumb controller help with that instead having to roll the bars to the opposite or even having to reboot the djronin m?
Just looking at the thumb controller, I iamgine it just controls pan and tilt, not level the camera (Roll axis?) right?
2015-10-3
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

ek@ericknorpp.c Posted at 2015-10-3 21:24
Can the thumb control help with the drifting to one side problem on the fly, I am thinking about ge ...

The controller can be used to adjust the roll on the fly, though the default is pan and tilt.

I never had any issues with drifting on the roll axis. The tilt seems to be a bit worse trying to get back to level on the latest fw compare to the stock.

Will try out some more and report back.

2015-10-3
Use props
Ryza
New

Malaysia

DJI should make a DIY manual for us(or maybe someone with expertise) to fix all the problem so instead of waiting for them, we can always have the community to help. I'm still using the stock firmware as for me, drifting is still a minor issues but annoying enough when it drift the moment you need to get the shot
2015-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules