Landing Pad
2674 11 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjneblett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34016 ft
United States

Looking to either make or buy a landing pad for my P3P.  Can't find very many places that have them on the internet.  What does everyone have?
2015-9-28
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

I use a backpack that my buddy carries his drone in.  take off from there, hand catch every time.  Helps keep dust off my camera.    

But, if you do want to buy one, UAVbits.net has a couple different models.  some are very neat!
2015-9-28
Use props
kjneblett
lvl.1
United States

Yeah they have some pretty cool ones.  I kind of wanted one without holes though.
2015-9-28
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanted something that was heavy enough that the quadcopter wouldn't blow it around, but portable enough that I could take it with me on any trips.

I used a kitchen floormat (the soft/rubbery type) and then spray painted the 'H' and outline.   I can roll this up and then use a strap to keep it rolled up and also attach it to a backpack:
2015-9-28
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

A 4-square foot (2 feet by 2 feet) piece of plywood. Didn't even bother to paint it - it doesn't stay on the ground very long anyway.

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-29
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

I used a bit of ply wood and put some rubber feet on it so it would stabilize better off the ground and then stuck a sheet of corflute you no the stuff the use for signs https://www.google.com/search?q= ... A&biw=1920&bih=1106 I stuck it to the plywood for a a smooth landing and of course masked off and sprayed a fluro pink H so it can been seen easy from height.
2015-9-29
Use props
kjneblett
lvl.1
United States

Yeah I thought about making something. As much as this thing costs I figured they would have a bunch of different types of landing pads.
2015-9-29
Use props
EJSEJS
lvl.1

Netherlands

Sorry double posting
2016-1-31
Use props
EJSEJS
lvl.1

Netherlands

I designed this landing pad, and let make by a local company

2016-1-31
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I use a simple DIY disk cut out of rigid foam (about 37 cm in diameter). It's waterproof, light (but heavy enough to stay in place in the wind), and clips on to my backpack.

DIY landing pad

DIY landing pad
2016-1-31
Use props
spope
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Made this one

Landing Pad

Landing Pad
2016-1-31