Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IOS9 and DJI Assistant BIG problem
2129 21 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pashacamera
lvl.1

Russia

Hi guys! It's more then 2 weeks passed since apple's ios9 was out. Your app doesnt work with ios9. It crashes at the beginning. So there is no way to work with my ronin. Do you know about this problem? Are you going to do something? And, tell me please, WHEN?   (There is no way for me to downgrade to ios8)
Thanx
2015-9-28
Use props
thwarrenh
New

United States

DJI, its been 2 weeks, this is unacceptable. Your developers have the toolkit like every other apple app developer out there, and you chose to be reactive, not proactive about a product that you're trying to mass market as a professional tool? Why was the app not ready upon release of your main platform for operation? Why have you waited two weeks with little to no information in regards to when we can expect this to be an option for us? If you do not want to be viewed as a producer of cheap Chinese wares, then start operating like a reputable manufacturer and provide your consumers with some information.

You've lost my business. I am returning my Ronin today, recommending my vendors discontinue carrying your products (due to other issues we've had with delays in your shipments, lack of customer service and support, lack of clarity, etc).

I will no longer advocate for your company as a trustworthy and worth while investment. You've left us out to dry. You've cost me money, and left me open to have to speculate as to how much more you are going to cost me.

We actually sold our Defy to carry your product, within a matter of days of purchasing it your app falls to an incompatible category, and now we are stuck with a device we cannot practically use in any shooting environment that requires agility and mobility, one of the sole reasons we purchased your product.

Every time we encounter an issue with your company, we get the staple 'we're working on it' response.

Should we expect to wait until after the Chinese new year due to it being right around the corner? Some of us who rely on these products to make money would like to at the very minimum communicate with our clients our needs in regards to operating under your schedule. Should I rent another stabilizer? Should I push back my shoot? Should I accept the fact this is going to incur extra costs for me as well as put our production schedule in jeopardy?

What answers do you have? Do you have any idea when a release will be available? Do you have alternate solutions that do not involve buying another platform such as an Android or hauling around a computer on the coast of Oregon?

You are not a professional contender. We wondered why this product was so inexpensive, guess we found out.

Moving on from your products and the facade of being a real competitor to premium brands such as Apple, FreeFly, etc. Your people should be more important than your revenue. This model may work for you, for now, but what sets Apple apart from it's competition is the fusion of premium products with an incredible user experience, both at the sales level and the end user level.

You are failing at both- by choice I might add.
2015-9-28
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I could not have said it better myself.

I view DJI as a joke company at this point. I saved for months to buy a Ronin-M and my buying experience was very negative with this iOS9 issue.

I won't be buying another DJI product and I am spreading the word to everyone I know to prevent them from making the same mistake I did.
2015-9-29
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI ASSISTANT V 1.1.26 available now in APP STORE. Just installed it, problems solved, enjoy your Ronin
2015-9-30
Use props
rongway
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
Netherlands

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-30
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Crady Posted at 2015-10-6 12:14
DJI Assistant absolutely does NOT run under iOS 9.0.2

The moment it begins to scan it closes.  Utte ...

I just test DJI assistant on IOS 9.0.2, it runs properly, did you update your APP to the latest V1.1.26?
2015-10-8
Use props
scotyount
New

United States

I have IOS 9.0.2.  I have DJI Assistant V1.1.26  Crashes immediately.  WTF?  Why are some fixed and others not?????  This is running on iPhone 5S.  And....my Ronin won't center...even after being calibrated.

2015-10-8
Use props
scotyount
New

United States

scotyount@mac.c Posted at 2015-10-8 23:02
I have IOS 9.0.2.  I have DJI Assistant V1.1.26  Crashes immediately.  WTF?  Why are some fixed and  ...

So i get the sense that nobody from DJI looks here very often?
2015-10-9
Use props
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-8 17:44
I just test DJI assistant on IOS 9.0.2, it runs properly, did you update your APP to the latest V1 ...

I downloaded the latest version from the Apple app store.
2015-10-9
Use props
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-8 17:44
I just test DJI assistant on IOS 9.0.2, it runs properly, did you update your APP to the latest V1 ...

Not DJI Assistant -- "NM Assistant"

DJI has not updated the NM Assistant since 2013!!!

:@
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Crady Posted at 2015-10-10 06:13

Sorry, we are trying to fix the crash issue, please wait, appreciate
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

2015-10-9
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I guess i am one of the few lucky ronin customer. I dread the day i will need customer service and i am already saving up to buy a mOvi.

Just three words come to my mind to describe DJI: "What A Shame"
2015-10-14
Use props
scotyount
New

United States

Still no fix????  In addition, my Ronin won't center....I have tried to use the PC (Mac) based app and it does not work.  Filed support ticket.  No response for one week so far...
2015-10-15
Use props
scotyount
New

United States

Hello?  Anybody home?
2015-10-17
Use props
scotyount
New

United States

I repeat....?
2015-10-20
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone verified if this new version of Assistant works with Ronin-M on iOS 9.1?

The version of DJI Assistant I currently have is Version 1.1.26 on my iPhone 5S with iOS Version 8.4.1.

I was upgraded to iOS 9.0, but when I Assistant stopped working, I downgraded back to iOS Version 8.4.1.

Thank you -George
2015-11-5
Use props
Grand.P
lvl.1

Belgium

Any news ?
2015-11-8
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

Hi Grand.P,

I am running DJI Assistant app on my iPhone 5S with iOS 9.2 and it's working great.

Here's my specs from the App:

MORE
   > INFORMATION
       > GCU
           Hardware ID
           Loader = 0.0
           Firmware = 0.1
       > System
           Hardware ID = 14DCC448
           Loader = 0.0
           Firmware = 1.2

Hope that helps! -George
2016-1-12
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

Hi Grand.P, I am running iOS 9.2 and DJI Assistant is working great with my Ronin-M running GCU Firmware Version .1 and IMU Firmware Version 1.2 and Receiver Firmware Version 1.0.0.12.

Hope that helps! -George
2016-1-12
Use props
djironin418
New

Azerbaijan

My phone (Android system) DJI Assistant program "Smooth track" function does not work. Not Active. Please, please help.
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules