Phantom 3 Standard Activation Failed
11877 18 2015-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braydengosse
New

New Zealand

I recently bought a phantom 3 standard and as part of set up you need to connect your aircraft with your account. I go through the process and it works smoothly right until i get to the last step and try to log in/register . I have already registered so I log in with my details and I get a screen saying "Activation Failed, Contact DJI Support if you cannot activate your aircraft". I am using a Samsung Galaxy s4 to connect to the phantom.

Please help!

Thanks,

Brayden
Screenshot_2015-09-29-21-00-17.png
2015-9-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the DJI Go App, can you sign in with your account first then power on the P3S and try the activation.
2015-9-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to register new account and activate your aircraft with it
2015-9-29
Use props
braydengosse
New

New Zealand

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I managed to resolve the issue by using my iPad instead of an Android phone. Still not sure why it won't work on my Samsung s4 but the iPad offers a better experience on a larger screen anyway so its all good!
2015-9-29
Use props
Wholly
lvl.1

United States

A lot of Android devices will try to use the wireless over the mobile data connection for internet access.  This can cause all kinds of troubles with firmware updates and logging in.  It seems the Samsung's have an advanced setting under wifi named "Smarht network switch" that sounds like it will use whatever it can get through on to talk to the internet.

2015-9-29
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

So far, I don't have any synchronization between the phone and the computer when it comes to logging onto this forum.  Computer keeps up with what I've read, and the phone is like starting over.  I still think that somehow this is caused by the fact that the dealer did the registration before I even got there to pick it up.  All I did was download/install the DJI Pilot app (July) when I got there.  It just worked after that.
2015-9-29
Use props
philip
New

United States

I just got a 3 standard and my problem is identical as the original. Quite frustrating to trouble shoot with no answers or explanations to solve.
2016-1-16
Use props
philip
New

United States

philip@psipaint Posted at 2016-1-16 16:27
I just got a 3 standard and my problem is identical as the original. Quite frustrating to trouble sh ...

Just figured out what I needed to do. Dumped the play store app and used the QR code. I had to override my phone security settings in order to install and open the app this way, but problem solved. No rhyme or reason that I can understand but glad to get in.
2016-1-16
Use props
glewis45
lvl.2

United States

philip@psipaint Posted at 2016-1-16 17:29
Just figured out what I needed to do. Dumped the play store app and used the QR code. I had to ove ...

Thanks for that.  As a new owner of a Phantom 3 Standard (and a first time quad copter user), I had the same issue until I used the QR code to download the DJI Go app.  Once installed as 'new', everything went smoothly.
2016-1-30
Use props
SpeedracerXT
lvl.1

United States

I get to that screen but I don't get the error message that the activation failed. All it does is hang with the "Updating your aircraft SN to the server..." message and goes no where else. It is hung so long that it becomes an app isn't responding do you want to force quit issue. Sometimes it even resets the phone. I'm using a Nexus 5 with the latest Android OS and it has no issue connecting with anything else. It should only take a second to upload a tiny bit of data, so what gives?

Meanwhile I'm stuck with an expensive brick since DJI makes you register/activate the quad before you can fly it.
2016-1-30
Use props
swalker7479
New

United States

just took my new phantom 3 pro out of the box yesterday and have been trying for 2 days to activate it.  I keep getting "Activation Failed" and can not figure out why.  Can someone help, please?
2016-4-11
Use props
Stan Walker
New

United States

swalker7479 Posted at 2016-4-11 21:23
just took my new phantom 3 pro out of the box yesterday and have been trying for 2 days to activate  ...

Nearly 3 hours later with online chat and still no where....
2016-4-11
Use props
neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Stan Walker Posted at 2016-4-12 15:22
Nearly 3 hours later with online chat and still no where....

Yep, not impressed here. Think the machine will be returned to its box and the box returned to the store. The message on my screen is "Connect your aircraft to continue activation" .... connect what with what and how? No answers.
2016-6-30
Use props
neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

The message on my screen is "Connect your aircraft to continue activation" .... connect what with what and how?
2016-6-30
Use props
neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

RE: Phantom 3 Standard Activation Failed

All good, the machine is activated and apart from more fine print, I think I'll soon be on my first flight!
2016-6-30
Use props
fans8adf3998
New

Costa Rica

Is it posible to get this problem i other country, I bought the Phantom 3 Standard in US, but I sent to Costa Rica to a friend, He had the Aircraft for a 1 month and he had been imposible to register it.
2016-12-26
Use props
Alfred
New

United States

I have had the same issue for the activation, I tried with Samsung S5, Iphone and now I am trying with my Ipad and the problem is the same.... Now I have the message "Activation Fails. Please retry... Activation Service Error".... Does anybody know how to solve this problem???...

I already read your comments but none of them have helped.... Hope someone can help!!....
2016-12-26
Use props
Snogger
New
United States

philip@psipaint Posted at 2016-1-16 14:29
Just figured out what I needed to do. Dumped the play store app and used the QR code. I had to override my phone security settings in order to install and open the app this way, but problem solved. No rhyme or reason that I can understand but glad to get in.

I realize this post was from 2016 but it just saved me from buying a new phone. Tried support and got .. try new firmware.. Told them just got the device today and when the first activation failed I did the Firmware upgrade and stuck at same spot.. Get to the point to activate and it fails to connect....

after 30 minutes with them they say "Sorry, you have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and it probably won't work"..

So figured I'd do some more searching, found this post, and did what you said and BOOM.. Connected and currently doing the IMU Calibration!!

Thank you!!!!!!
2017-8-11
Use props
Eagle Spirit
lvl.1
Peru

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard 2 day ago, but when i try to activate it, shows the next message:
Activation Failed ( Server Error. Please retry.). Contact DJI Support if the problem persists after restart.
Here are the LOGs of my phone:

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 5ZcyQE1?usp=sharing

I will appreciate your support, because i bought the drone with a specific purpose that i am not achieving.

Thank you in advance.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules