What am I doing right, or how reliable are these?
1512 27 2015-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mvgossman
lvl.1
United States

This may seem to be a weird thread!
So I have researched extensively here and elsewhere on the dos and don'ts of the P3P, and have proactively ordered up some arm reinforcement plates for instance.

Obviously people post on problems, not on how things are working great. There are a few such as demonstrating great videos. But I have to say, I haven't had a single problem, the machine works perfectly, never a software glitch, not a single problem. So is this pure luck or are 99% of these quite stable?

Anyway, those of you who are considering purchasing one, go for it, it's been extremely reliable and a great performer.
2015-9-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I cable tied my quad arms and there is flex on the rear arms, sooner or later you will join the club of the crackulus and the arm plates won't help with the arm flexing which is the main cause of the cracks. Plastic ages, heat and cold acts as a helping factor in the cracking up of the joints. I am at 85 flights and no cracks so far as i did the cable tie brace and retighten screws starting from flight 30 and onwards, probably will replace the shell around 100 or so flights if i see more flex in the shell.

2015-9-29
Use props
mvgossman
lvl.1
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-29 18:33
I cable tied my quad arms and there is flex on the rear arms, sooner or later you will join the club ...

Can you post a pic?
2015-9-29
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

People who don't have any problems are not very loud here, compared with the ones who do. And that is why a forum exist, to help people who have problems.
I would say that most of the users, maybe 75% have no or relatively very few problems with their aircrafts. But this is not scientific at all, just a feeling.
2015-9-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Here you go :

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2015-9-29
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I ordered the supports from UAVBits.  I'll never have cracks - nor wire-ties.
2015-9-29
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

capbat Posted at 2015-9-30 01:58
People who don't have any problems are not very loud here, compared with the ones who do. And that i ...

HI CAP. I CAN BE LOUD !!!

NO ISSUES, NO CRACKS, SMOOTH FIRMWARE TRANSITIONS.

I LOVE MY P3!

OVER 100 FLIGHTS.

agreed. (most who are the loudest on here, & all forums, are the ones who have/ cause issues. but as stated by you, that's what forums are for -  to help those who need it & share experiences)
2015-9-29
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

boxerman Posted at 2015-9-30 00:50

Take care with screws. Seems some folks have had issues with prop guard hubs making motors heat up and fail. This is due to screw stress. Just a heads up.
2015-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No need to scream bloody murder. But nothing of unpredicted nature here.
All's well, while at least that it lands in one piece. ;-)

Enjoying this beautiful fall afternoon, it's just gorgeous out.

Hope you all can get out and fly some too. ;-)

This is what it's all about.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-30
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-30 15:11
No need to scream bloody murder. But nothing of unpredicted nature here.
All's well, while at least  ...

Its raining here all day and NJ will be getting a visit from a hurricane this weekend, so my bird is sleeping in't bag for now.
2015-9-30
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-29 17:33
I cable tied my quad arms and there is flex on the rear arms, sooner or later you will join the club ...

The strong arm plates, I feel, will help with the cracks.  Yes, the arms will still twist, but now that twisting force is not centered on the screw holes.  It is across the arm.  I bet you would not see the screw hole cracks on a model with the reinforcement installed on a new bird.
2015-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's so sunny here today, that I may need two pair of cool shades.
Yes, all is well, in the Alberta hinterland, once again. Chuckles

What did you expect? Hahaha

Hopefully this new iOS, doesn't set back our anticipated Go App updates. . .  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-30
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

boxerman Posted at 2015-9-29 22:50

Man of wisdom! you will see how the force will not be on the screw holes.  No cracks for you!
2015-9-30
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-30 15:48
It's so sunny here today, that I may need two pair of cool shades.
Yes, all is well, in the Alberta  ...

Yeah IOS 9 hit my iPhone 6 plus hard, now it is slower and feels buggy, thank god i did not upgrade my iPad or i would have been hitting my head on the wall.

IOS 9 is just another push for apple to make us buy the newer models as the current ones will start getting crippled as apple pushes the trigger for slowness in there mini updates........
And then forces the app developers to go with the flow and make there minimum requirement to install would be IOS 9.....
2015-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Eh Willie,
I can certainly understand you guy's frustration, but if hasn't happened to me.
Running my Phantom 3 bird on iOS 9.0.2 now. It still screams like a wounded banshee when it takes off, straight up.
Yeah, It's much like the 94 octane I run in the SpYder RS-S. Full on, all of the time. None stop exhilaration.
It must be our Canadian cool factor. We are just here to have fun. No time for any B.S.ing around.
If the Phantom 3 had came from HollyWood, I would understand her star power.  She's my Main attraction.

Sooner or later, there will come a time, when you all are on this merrygoround of smiles and awesome times.
While making movies and capturing incredible images, of it all. It's a gas. Get on the band wagon. Please.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-30
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-1 01:24
Eh Willie,
I can certainly understand you guy's frustration, but if hasn't happened to me.
Running m ...

Stop it. You're cracking me up.
2015-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You will need the undercarriage strong arm 'bolt downs' for that "cracking"... ;-)

Enjoy the day, fellow Phantom Pilot.

Time to burn a couple , batteries that is. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2015-10-2
Use props
Slsf
lvl.1

United States

How tight do you pull the ties?
2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stated well my friend and very true!
2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-30 03:55
HI CAP. I CAN BE LOUD !!!

Same here.
2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-30 15:20
Its raining here all day and NJ will be getting a visit from a hurricane this weekend, so my bird  ...

I just got mine up and running and the rain started coming down. I am on the East Coast also. Hopefully flying time will be soon!
2015-10-2
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-10-2 20:55
I just got mine up and running and the rain started coming down. I am on the East Coast also. Hope ...

So far still grounded because of Mr. Joaquin.
2015-10-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-3 19:18
So far still grounded because of Mr. Joaquin.

The sky looks pretty good today, a bit windy but not bad. It looks like the storm is about gone. It may be a good day to fly and do some Surf Videos? Where are you located? I think I asked before? If you answered me I apologize.
2015-10-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-10-4 08:03
The sky looks pretty good today, a bit windy but not bad. It looks like the storm is about gone. I ...

Im in New jersey, and surf wind right now is 25 MPH with nice gusts that could make my phantom swim with the fishes LOL
2015-10-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-4 13:54
Im in New jersey, and surf wind right now is 25 MPH with nice gusts that could make my phantom swi ...

I hear ya. I am in RI and it is a tad bit windy. No rain though. Guess it will be a few more days until this clears out. A bit windy is better than a Hurricane though.
2015-10-4
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

I photographed a wedding in Bodega Bay (N. Calif) last night. Winds of 40 to 50 (really) and it was a beach wedding. A very brief beach wedding. My Phantom stayed in it's case.  I wouldn't even swap lenses on my 5Diii body.
2015-10-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bartone Posted at 2015-10-4 15:08
I photographed a wedding in Bodega Bay (N. Calif) last night. Winds of 40 to 50 (really) and it was  ...

There is a time when common sense prevails. You seem to have it. I do the same with my Nikon gear. If I have to change a Lens I do it in an enclosed area to avoid any dust.

I guess the whole country is getting blown away!
2015-10-5
Use props
mvgossman
lvl.1
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-30 17:01
Yeah IOS 9 hit my iPhone 6 plus hard, now it is slower and feels buggy, thank god i did not upgrade ...

I updated too and my iPhone 6+ feels sluggish. I was planning to pass it to a kid with a 5 and I just got the 6S+ and it's good again. You're right, they keep slowing it down and speeding up the processor to stay even.
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules