NAZA "Phantom" messes up gimbal signals on F2?
2827 4 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ft.pe5g
New

Portugal

Hello all.
Let's hope this is the right place to put this thread.. and question.

I have a Phantom 2, a new one, that comes prepared for a Zenmuse H3-3D.
Cable and all.

But I don't use a GoPro and I am NOT going to use it. It's footage just isn't what I need.
So I have to use other gimbal.

In this case, an Alexmos based one, a DYS 3 Axis smart Gimbal.
I used it on my Phantom FC40 without problems but when I moved it to my Phantom2, the behaviour is quite different:

I have NAZA-M Phantom's F2 pin connected to the RC-Pitch pin on my gimbal, and F1 Pin connected to FC-ROLL pin as supposed to (and as it works on the Phantom FC40
BUT...
Whenever I tilt the Phantom forward (nose down, so to speak) the NAZA-M Phantom sends a signal trough F2 PIN that makes the gimbal compensate in the oposite direction (lens tilts up)
And, when I tilt the Phantom backward, the camera will compensate and tilt lens down.
So, it's injecting a voltage signal onto F2 pin, accordingly to the angle of the Phantom nose, which I supposed is correct for the Zenmuse, but incorrect to any other gimbal I know of...

Nevertheless the "x1" remote (the pitch control lever on the command)  is acting correctly.

On the NAZA-M Phantom assistant (v 3.0.6) the gimbal is sitched on (so it says on the first tab) but the gimbal's sliders are greyed out. Nevetheless I can handle them and chenge values.. only they are greyed out.

Is there ANY WAY to connect an Alexmos or third party gimbal to this controller without it having this "auto compensating" efect on F2?

Thank you very much.
Fernando

2014-9-23
Use props
ft.pe5g
New

Portugal

Well,

I replaced NAZA Phantom with NAZA-M V2 Original and it works as it should now...

Lost the LED functionality though....
I really don't care much, because I have iOSD that shows if I have good GPS lock and I do compass calibration once in a while or whenever I move a relative long distance...
But hey...
What a bummer heh?
2014-9-24
Use props
ft.pe5g
New

Portugal

I can't believe NOONE here know any thing about this...
Am I talking to kids here ????
2014-9-24
Use props
DjiNorway15
lvl.1

Norway

i have the same problem, but i don't know what it is
2018-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This thread has some serious age.  

My guess is - nobody knows how to solve this antiquated problem.  

Sorry.

Good luck.  

2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules