Antennas on the P3 Pro
995 4 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

All four legs have antennas.... So here is my question.  What does each do? anyone know? 2 for control, 2 lightbridge? or what?
2015-9-30
Use props
suhailimtiaz
lvl.1

United States

Jaronpv,

My understanding is that all four of them are lightbridge antennas that connect to the OFDM module and work together to maximize your range in flight.  They are on all four corners so that you will have coverage no matter which way the aircraft is facing relative to your position.   The back right leg also has the compass wire running through it.  Hope that helps!
2015-10-6
Use props
suhailimtiaz
lvl.1

United States

Jaronpv,

My understanding is that all four of them are lightbridge antennas that connect to the OFDM module and work together to maximize your range in flight.  They are on all four corners so that you will have coverage no matter which way the aircraft is facing relative to your position.   The back right leg also has the compass wire running through it.  Hope that helps!
2015-10-6
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

suhailimtiaz Posted at 2015-10-6 10:33
Jaronpv,

My understanding is that all four of them are lightbridge antennas that connect to the OF ...

Thank you!  That does make sense.  I appreciate your input.    the antenna must be dual purpose then since you need aircraft control in addition to lightbridge?  Do you think that is correct?  
2015-10-6
Use props
suhailimtiaz
lvl.1

United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-10-7 01:15
Thank you!  That does make sense.  I appreciate your input.    the antenna must be dual purpose  ...

Sounds correct (just my opinion though).  Might be worth verifying with DJI or a local repair shop.
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules