DJI Lightbridge/Futaba 14SG multiple model programming
2284 3 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
screedo68
New

Japan

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the compatibility of the Futaba 14SG with the DJI Lightbridge that, up until now, I have had absolutely no success in having answered.  

I currently own a DJI Phantom 2 equipped with NAZA v2 flight controller, and Lightbridge for FPV and control.  I recently purchased a DJI S1000 with A2 flight controller, and a separate Lightbridge system for FPV and control.  The Futaba 14SG is compatible with the DJI Lightbridge but must be tethered to the lightbridge via the trainer port.  What I would like to know is whether the Futaba 14SG's multiple model programming can be used in this situation so I can easily fly either the Phantom 2 or the S1000 by simply selecting the appropriate model and connecting the trainer port to the lightbridge.  Ideally I would like to use the same 14SG to pilot both multirotors.  My knowledge on this subject is minimal, but my concern is the fact that when using the DJI Lightbridge, the transmitter isn't bound to a receiver, it is tethered to the Lightbridge.  Upon initial setup, the 14SG's channels need to be mapped in order to fly.  Will this step be necessary each time I switch between aircraft?

I apologize if this is confusing.  Simplified version - I would like to use one Futaba 14SG to control two separate DJI multirotors both setup with the DJI lightbridge.  Is this easily achieved, and if so how?

Thank you for any advice you are able to provide.

Reid
2015-9-30
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

Yes you can store different settings for different drone models.  However the futaba has to be bound with the LB air unit to work so that might cause problems with easily changing between models.  A simple solution would be to upgrade to the Phantom 3 as its a lot better than the previous models anyway.
2015-10-1
Use props
screedo68
New

Japan

DJI Customer Support, you suck.  You did not send a reply to this same question sent directly to your support@ address.  Futaba understandably did not want to answer on compatibility with third party products.  I found the answer to my question by talking to someone with a deeper hands on understanding of the lightbridge.  The simple answer is yes.  After programming each model into your Futaba 14SG one can switch between aircraft equipped with a DJI lightbridge by simply selecting the appropriate model and connecting the controller to the lightbridge via the training port.  This is the answer I have received, and though it was an authoritative yes, I am still awaiting the arrival of my S1000 so can't 100% verify the information.  Next week I'll finally be able to put it to the test.
2015-10-6
Use props
rdteam54.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

sorry for the late reply. yes, it is feasible. But be careful, if you fly two drone with the same TX, it is easy to make mistake when you exchange the drone. Please double check the setting of the TX before every flight.
2015-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules