What is funny with this...
848 5 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

So many people are so worried about the new specs on the new cameras... let's look at the real world... I was thinking of shelling out (might still) 6K on the new BM 4.6 mini ursa... my mark III has a great track record. Do i need more? Probably not... would I like more... hell yeah! But in reality I do belive this whole race for better specs on paper is just that.

Some very talented people have made great documentaries with very limited video capabilities. It might be time to back off and remember why we are here... we are (for the most part) artist... we should be able to make do! And yes i did order the X5, have I personally out grown the x3 probably not... if i could afford a red probably would buy one, but would it make me better... probably not.
Remember the tool is just a peice of equipment, DJI has already given more than I can build up to. Now it is my job to make the best of it, who cares about bit rates and capacity... when it comes down to it it's about the shot, the edit, the processing... not the equipment.
Sorry just a rant...

Luc
2015-9-30
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

You make an interesting point. I've notice the folks with the most talent, skill and vision to produce great work are the ones that complain the least. Unfortunately I'm not one of them..lol.
2015-9-30
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-9-30 23:03
You make an interesting point. I've notice the folks with the most talent, skill and vision to produ ...

you make a real point...lol
2015-10-1
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-9-30 21:03
You make an interesting point. I've notice the folks with the most talent, skill and vision to produ ...

Trust me I myself could use more time just flying and getting better as a pilot. Then add the creative side of capturing, then editing, and coloring... so many things to learn...
Like I said i did pull the trigger on the X5, but know i haven't come close to the potential of the X3 yet by no means. I love the platform and am excited about the stills, but I still have a lot to learn before i can say that I have out grown the equipment.
Same goes with video, mostly use my 5D III, don't think my creative side has outgrown it yet... I wish I could say that it had, but hours and hours will have to be put in before I would!
2015-10-1
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Never a truer word said!
It's the flying that counts and being able to capture half decent footage is a major bonus to me...
2015-10-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

It's nice to have the right tool for the job but in the end it's definitely about the talent more than the gear.     

I love my Red Epic but sometimes I'm lazy and just go out with my Nikon D600 and create wonderful images.

Same with the Inspire.   The X5R will be fantastic but that won't make many people's images any better, all about the way you capture it.
Learning to get the most out of your camera and work to its strengths will get you a long way.
2015-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules