Which firmware is reliable - Decmber 2014
824 4 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave

Thailand

Crash after firmware update
Phantom 2 Vision + received and just out of the box with Firmware 3.4.
Have read the threads saying "just updated firmware" and "Crash after firmware update".  
The unit just received is a V3 unit with new remote control with gimbal tilt wheel

Having read a number of threads, what is the upgrade version from > to that introduced the potential unreliability ?
Is 3.4 OK or not ?
Is it the 3.6 upgrade that introduced problems ?

Appreciate that there are many successful users but before attempting to go on first flight a baseline would be a useful guideline.
Some clarification appreciated.

2014-12-16
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

I have SW 3.2 and never have had any issues what so ever, and stay with that.
2014-12-16
Use props
jamesjeley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

Forums are great! The one problem is that they are a place to get support. You will see a way out of proportion of annoyed/needing help than people having great experiences. You tell people your annoyed or need help, the rest of them are out enjoying their drones.

From my experience the new software works fine. That's not to say your will work. Testing is key here.

Just my take.

Have fun!
2014-12-16
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-12-16 23:27
I have SW 3.2 and never have had any issues what so ever, and stay with that.

Out of the box I updated to Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6 and accidently all other software (battery,etc.) and have no issues ' til now (P2V+) and don't expect any

Happy Landings
2014-12-16
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jamesjeley@me.c Posted at 2014-12-17 00:26
Hello,

Forums are great! The one problem is that they are a place to get support. You will see a wa ...

That is soooooo true,

I have updated mine to the newest and have NO problems at all (well nothing to do with firmware) lol
2014-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules