2260 18 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Some new rumors about the new firmware, which comes out in October, I have found in another forum.

http://www.drohnen-forum.de/inde ... tID=72185#post72185

1. Once the firmware is updated, the current version 1.05.0011 could only be rolled back to the 1.04.0010(latest public firmware), the downgrade to the 1.04.0005 (dev previous firmware) couldn’t be accomplished due to the structure of the firmware.
2. Support uploading waypoints and executing flight mission when aircraft is on the ground.
3. The Waypoint Trace Length(The distance from the first waypoint to the last one) increased from 10km to 30km.
4. The Mission Length(Waypoint Trace Length plus the distance between the current position to the first waypoint and the distance between the last waypoint to the Home point) increased from 15km to 40km.
5. Disallow activate Home Lock or Course Lock while the aircraft is still on the ground. Exit Home Lock or Course lock as soon as the aircraft is landed.
6. Removed wind compensation while using control stick to control the horizontal movement of
the aircraft.

1. The distance between two consecutive waypoints must be between 2 to 2000 meters.
2. Disable rotate function during follow me when the aircraft is in the 4M circle
3. Change the Max speed of follow me from 15m/s to 10m/s。
4. Added Point of Interest option while the aircraft is in Follow Me mode.
5. Fixed the issue of users being able to breach the 500m altitude limitation.
6. User can choose whether keep the initial take‐off point as home point in the follow me mode.
7. Disable start Go‐home during POI
8. Added “pause” function in Follow Me mode.
9. Modified propulsion saturation model to reduce the possibility of displaying the propulsion saturation warning.
10. Added customizable actions in Waypoint mode to handle various Failsafe errors.
11. Fixed issue of the Phantom 3 aircraft being able to take off when the GPS is disconnected from the center board.
12. Fixed vibration issue for the Inspire 1 when it is in Point of Interest mode.
13. The flight controller now sends a signal to the DJI GO app when the aircraft reaches the last waypoint.
14. When travelling to the first waypoint, the aircraft now adjusts its heading to face the waypoint.
15. Fixed issue of all flight missions resetting when user pauses a flight mission that has not yet been executed in Waypoint mode.
16. Disabled Follow Gimbal Pitch .
17. Fixed issue of the Joystick sending the NAN command that may cause the aircraft to crash.
18. Maximum waypoint horizontal speed is changed to 15 m/s.
19. Solve the POI mode directly throttle up executing abnormal problem.

1. Added option for failsafe action while the aircraft is in Waypoint mode.
2. Enable emergency stop interface for Onboard SDK.
3. Added Point of Interest orientation mode on protocol level.
4. Modified the limit value for follow slop and max velocity attribute.
5. Added altitude tracking for Follow mode.
6. Modified push data operation in Follow mode.

1. Fixed the issue of flight altitude restriction is by‐passed when pushing the throttle up to elevate the aircraft during failsafe.
2. Fixed the issue of motor drive issue for the gimbal.
3. Fixed the issue of motor power display error.
4. Fixed the issue of Joystick API that may lead to crashing.
5. Fixed the issue of aircraft unable to resume from pausing in Follow mode.
6. Fixed the issue of aircraft does not enter failsafe during low battery when using a non‐intelligent flight battery.
7. Fixed the incorrect yawing orientation issue.
8. Fixed the issue of aircraft can take off even with the GPS is unplugged from the center board.
9. Fixed the issue of aircraft does not fly in a straight line while operating in the Course Lock mode.
2015-10-1
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Very detailed!  Hopefully true!  Thanks for sharing!
2015-10-1
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

That is a long scary list of bugs, Man i am lucky mine did not fall from the sky YET.....
2015-10-1
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I think is true, i found a link to the DJI Homepage to this release notes here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... elease-notes.55452/

And much more here: (bin)

http://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/b ... d-in-play-store/949
2015-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mine just continues to drone on ,  And on and on. . .  Everready to please me.

Sure glad that I'm not being charged roaming fees! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-10-1
Use props
ace789nj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151309 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-2 06:56
That is a long scary list of bugs, Man i am lucky mine did not fall from the sky YET.....

Seriously.

I'm thinking of keeping it on the ground until the update.
2015-10-1
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

You can try the new Firmware: http://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/b ... d-in-play-store/949
No risk, downgrade to 1.4.0010 is possible.
2015-10-1
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-10-1 19:38
You can try the new Firmware: http://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/beta-release-1-2-3-released-in-play-sto ...

No risk?  Sheesh, some people can't even fly the "official" DJI software without a flyaway, a crash or some other you-won't-believe-what-happened disaster!  (ok, maybe that was kinda a wiseacre comment but hey, maybe minimal risk would be more accurate)
2015-10-1
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

gil Posted at 2015-10-2 02:01
No risk?  Sheesh, some people can't even fly the "official" DJI software without a flyaway, a cras ...

If you reed the buglist in the 1th post, a fly away or cras is possible with 1.4.0010 too.

Anyone can indeed decide for himself what he installed on his copter and what not.

No risk, no fun.
2015-10-1
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

gil Posted at 2015-10-2 02:01
No risk?  Sheesh, some people can't even fly the "official" DJI software without a flyaway, a cras ...

If you reed the buglist in the 1th post, a fly away or crash is possible with 1.4.0010 too.

Anyone can indeed decide for himself what he installed on his copter and what not.

No risk, no fun.
2015-10-1
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-10-1 20:20
If you reed the buglist in the 1th post, a fly away or cras is possible with 1.4.0010 too.

Anyone ...

No risk, no fun?  Heck, I can have all kinds of fun without any risk involved.  While my fun meter doesn't spin nearly as fast as it did when I was flinging myself out of airplanes I do manage to keep myself amused with minimal risk to life and limb (and Phantom).

I wasn't making any judgements, just an observation.
2015-10-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-10-1 19:20
If you reed the buglist in the 1th post, a fly away or crash is possible with 1.4.0010 too.

Anyon ...

I downloaded, installed and flew with it the morning it was released. I was hoping it would address the "lost signal" message and loss of live video feed that I've been experiencing since updating to 1.4.10. It didn't solve that problem but I didn't have any other issues either. It didn't fly away or crash! Wish I would have been able to test it more but had to go out of town for a couple of weeks.

Jerry
2015-10-1
Use props
Paniza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Risk is DJI's middle name.

It is bleeding edge technology, to pass the possible competitors, they take risks and try to catch up.

I'm pretty sure this newversion will come with a bunch of new bugs as well so, relax and try to enjoy.
2015-10-1
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

I have read a bunch of complaints about waypoint mission distance. Yet according to the rumor it is increasing from 15km to 40km. What am I missing?
2015-10-1
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-10-1 22:29
I have read a bunch of complaints about waypoint mission distance. Yet according to the rumor it is  ...

40km is for the Matrice.

It has two batteries and flies over 40 minutes.
2015-10-1
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For something so complicated and the amount of functionality it has, that isn't many tweaks/bug fixes.
2015-10-2
Use props
markfrank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 100331 ft
France

Thank you Knarfboy, Very interesting changes
I have a request To DJI Autum
as youre very active in this forum, please can you transmit to DJI this inquiry for new firmxare extra modification
As a professional filmmaker I need sometimes to fly very low
I would like firmware to allow lower minimun altitude in POI , follow me and waypoints modes
Please lower the altitude limits to 1 meter, and the poi radius to 1,5 meter
If there is legal issues with increased risks, add a warning and ask pilots to sign before overriding today limits
And allow us to pick a POI and fly any altitude under this POI or takoff point; as sometimes takoff point is more elevated than the flight
Many many thanks too keep improving this fantastic birds and app
Next for me: inspire & X5R!
kind regards
M
2015-10-2
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most of what's listed there are from previous 1.4 Dev firmwares.. So you are all flying most of them fixes already..

1.5 is
What’s New:
1. Once the firmware is updated, the current version 1.05.0011 could only be rolled back to
the 1.04.0010(latest public firmware), the downgrade to the 1.04.0005 (dev previous
firmware) couldn’t be accomplished due to the structure of the firmware.
2. Support uploading waypoints and executing flight mission when aircraft is on the ground.   
3. The Waypoint Trace Length(The distance from the first waypoint to the last one) increased
from 10km to 30km.
4. The Mission Length(Waypoint Trace Length plus the distance between the current position to
the first waypoint and the distance between the last waypoint to the Home point) increased
from 15km to 40km.
5. Disallow activate Home Lock or Course Lock while the aircraft is still on the ground. Exit
Home Lock or Course lock as soon as the aircraft is landed.   
6. Removed wind compensation while using control stick to control the horizontal movement of
the aircraft.

2015-10-2
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

quikdom Posted at 2015-10-2 02:10
For something so complicated and the amount of functionality it has, that isn't many tweaks/bug fixe ...

Finally a positive message. ;)  I agree.  For all that these birds do, that is a very small list of "bugs" in comparison to the very large list of what should go wrong. Go DJI!
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules