DJI GO android app crash (2.3.0)
973 1 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
semir444
lvl.1

Poland

I have updated app to 2.3.0 version and it works (I can see preview, and can do calibration) until I turn engines ON - then app crash (white screen and back to android) or get disconnected with drone. I Try several times on two devices (phone and tablet). The 2.2.0 version of app seems to work fine, but now I have 2.3.0 version. Is it possible to download older version of app ?
2015-10-1
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha semir,

You probably have the earlier version - somehow - of Android 2.3.0.  So did I.  When I went through the Android app - without turning on the motors as you noted - I somehow came across the DJI site (Internet was enabled) and the site told me I had to download the new app.  I thought I already downloaded the new app!  But, somewhere in this forum, someone had noted that there was a 99 MB version of DJI Go and I remembered the one I had installed already was about half that size.  So, I downloaded and installed the 99 MB version.  

Now the About page (bottom of modules page - P3, RC, camera, battery, etc.) displays my versions as:

DJI Go         2.3.0
RC               1.3.20
Firmware   1.4.10

The firmware (FW) is the FW upgrade for the P3.  The RC does not need to be upgraded, but make sure it has 1.3.20 version and the DJI Go was discussed already.  Start and restart the P3 and RC a few times so the kinks get worked out - but do not start the motors yet.  Follow the right sequence; 1. - Android device, 2. - RC, 3. - P3

If you want the IOC to work properly there are some other procedures you will need to follow if you are having problems like I have been having.  Mostly, there are two important things that have to be done before each IOC flight - at least for me so far.  1. - Format the SD card (bottom of the Flight Page).  Be sure you have removed any photos or videos first before you put it in your P3!  2. - Disable the Multiple Flight Modes option in the P3 Module of the modules page.  (You can bring up the Modules Page by touching the corner icon at the upper right corner of the Flying desktop in with the telemetry data.  The P3 module is the top one on the left and then choose the advanced options.  The Multiple Flight Modes slider is the top one.  Right below it is the IOC slider and already grayed out and disabled so you cannot mess with it)  

Then you can start your motors in P-GPS mode and fly to over 10 meters up and 5 meters away.  You cannot enable multiple Flight Modes and the IOC on the ground.  As your P3 hovers up there, flip your silver PAF switch on the upper left corner of the RC from the P position to the F position.  A pop-up box will appear warning you if you want to enable Multiple Flight Modes.  Press Confirm on the bottom right.  If everything works, the five IOC modes will appear.  If there is a problem the box will say, "Failed to start Multiple Flight Modes", but that HomeLock and CourseLock are enabled.  If it fails, shut everything down, including the Android device, and start over.  Eventually, you will get the sequences right and it will work.

Right now, I am at the stage of trying to see if I can skip the formatting and disabling the Multiple Flight Modes.  But, if I can get the five IOC  modes working, I am up there in heaven with my P3.

I hope I got most of the words right.  If not, sorry, but they mean roughly the same thing - like "confirm" or "yes".

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules