Warranty issue with alloy quick release mounting plate
1037 7 2015-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

Are there any DJI warranty issues when I replace the DJI plastic quick release mounting plates with the alloy quick release mounting plates?

2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, this will void your warranty. The composite self lubricate the props when installing and removing.
2015-10-2
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 11:25
Yes, this will void your warranty. The composite self lubricate the props when installing and removi ...

Dear DJI-BladeStrike.
Thanks for your response.Could you please clarify " the composite self lubricate the props when installing and removing the propellers".  
95 % off the time my propellers are mounted on my Inspire-1 without installing and removing. I considered purchasing the alloy mounting plates due to the following treat

The problem with the DJI quick release monting plates, is that the mounting holes align with the cut-outs in the side.
This is the weakest possible position.
If the holes were moved round 90 degrees, they would be in the strongest position.
DJI made a fundamental design error with those mounting plates.
No wonder there seems to be yet another 'new improved' Prop mounting from DJI in the wind.

Thanks for your advise.
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rbaaij Posted at 2015-10-2 11:49
Dear DJI-BladeStrike.
Thanks for your response.Could you please clarify " the composite self lubri ...

People will always claim a design flaw.. If the QR hubs are installed correctly they will not fail. Even with people paying very little detail on the torque that is applied, there have been VERY few failures. We are talking single digit numbers verses thousands of units running the QR hubs.

You are correct there is a new improved design, just like anything. You will see progression in that design.

Remember a lot of people that claim there's issues with the QR design end up having ties to people that sell expensive unnecessary replacement parts.  It does come down to it's your craft and you can do whatever you would like to it. If it makes you feel better running these adaptors, then do it. I just answered a question about warranty
2015-10-2
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 16:05
People will always claim a design flaw.. If the QR hubs are installed correctly they will not fail ...

Dear Dj-BladeStrike,
Thanks for your fast response. Could you please clarify " the composite self lubricate the props when installing and removing the propellers".
Thank you,
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rbaaij Posted at 2015-10-3 06:29
Dear Dj-BladeStrike,
Thanks for your fast response. Could you please clarify " the composite self  ...

Just as it states, the two 2 composites with self lubricate when mating. The aluminum will and actually hurt the locking portion of the prop. This happens when one material is harder than the other and they cause friction with each other.
2015-10-2
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 08:25
Yes, this will void your warranty. The composite self lubricate the props when installing and removi ...

I understand that DJI must void the warranty for after market parts. DJI has no control over such parts.

But, the "self lubricating" feature is more an academic, theoretical discussion in this case. DJI has already warned not to exceed 50 -200 flights. (50 if left installed or ,200 if removed  after flight: http://forum.dji.com/thread-23387-1-2.html )  So, clearly, DJI knows there's a problem with these hubs even with the "lubrication" feature.

On the other hand, I use an after market aluminum hub system and have not found any signs of wear after 100+ flights. Your mileage may vary...
2015-10-3
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

doctrrf Posted at 2015-10-4 00:55
I understand that DJI must void the warranty for after market parts. DJI has no control over such  ...

Not necessarily, this is the recommendation for p3 props as well. You would be surprised how rough people are when installing simple things like props. The environment also comes into play..

Just an FYI-  I tested these hubs, first versions were actually aluminum and cheaper to manufacture than the composite. There were solid reasons why DJI changed to composite. By the way I have been running my original composite hub and props well over 200 flight, still lock like new

Like I have said there has been VERY FEW FAILURES of these hubs, single digit numbers.. With Tens of thousands of craft in the air.. I wouldn't waste money on such things..
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules