Blue led blinks in GPS mode with A2 flight controller
4922 9 2015-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edimitchel
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone,

I come here to find a solution for one of my issues on my DJI S900 (equipped with the A2 module).

First, I tell you that the hexacopter takes off well in ATTI mode (I don't try the manual mode because for the moment I think it's too risky).
But, when I switch in GPS mode, the led blinks alternatively green/purple color ; after approximatively 5 five seconds, the LED turns into speedy and infinite blue blinking.

Have you an answer to this issue ? I already searched about blue LED signification into User Manual but in vain..

If you need more information to find the solution with me, don't hesitate to ask me.

(Sorry for my bad english).
2015-10-3
Use props
edimitchel
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I want to add that it's surely fail-safe which makes blue led blinking.. But why ? It's my question. Please help !

Bye !
2015-10-5
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

edimitchel Posted at 2015-10-5 13:54
Hello,

I want to add that it's surely fail-safe which makes blue led blinking.. But why ? It's my q ...

can you take a video and post it? Is the LED blinking a violet color or blue?
2015-10-5
Use props
edimitchel
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I have an issue with the battery outlet so I cannot make a video before this week end.

About the LED color, it's blue.
2015-10-6
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

edimitchel Posted at 2015-10-6 07:58
Hello, thank you for your answer.

I have an issue with the battery outlet so I cannot make a video  ...

Without seeing the assistant settings and the led I'd just be guessing....I leaning towards something in the switch mapping in the A2....but just guessing
2015-10-7
Use props
edimitchel
lvl.1

France

Hello everybody : I did a video about this problem.

In this video, I switch to GPS Mode from Atti. Mode. Then I go back to Atti Mode, then Manual Mode and to the GPS Mode (passing by Atti Mode).

I got another issue when the copter takeoff (in ATTI Mode)

When the copter takeoff, the bluetooth LED blinks RED.

2015-10-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

edimitchel Posted at 2015-10-18 04:58
Hello everybody : I did a video about this problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcrzAsioOBE

I havent seen that before...can you go to your Assistant and make sure your switch end points are correct? It almost acts like when you put it in GPS and get the Blue LED that your switch is over shooting or undershooting its end point. Make sure in the assistant that when you flip to Atti the switch is within the Atti limits...also I would advise against "Manual mode, change that in assistant to make it Atti also..when in assistant you will see you can make that change. If that doesnt work can you take a video of your assistant while you toggle through the switches? Also make sure you calibrate the control sticks. As far as the red blinking LED, that looks like a low battery voltage warning. Look in your assistant and see what voltage you have that set at...there should be first level (Yellow) and second level (Red). Sorry for asking for more video...trying to help.
2015-10-18
Use props
edimitchel
lvl.1

Italy

Hello !

I've fixed the first issue : the problem was effectively caused by end points settings. However, the end point for manual is blocked to ATTI and I cannot change to Manual again..

About the red LED, it's effectively caused by the battery. I change the voltage to 21V for first level and 20,9V for the second. I take another battery and the flight was good.
DJI Support helps me and said me that my packs wasn't good for a S900. I've 2 packs of 11000 mAh (40C - 6S) and 2 packs of 10900mAh (120C - 6S). What is your opinion ?

What is the rule for the charging ? I listen 80% of something.. But I don't know.. Can you help to understand ?
2015-10-18
Use props
edimitchel
lvl.1

Italy

One question more, what is the limit for a S900 (in mAh ?) ?

DJI Support tell me that I can take a 16 Ah battery... But in S900 specs, the battery capacity range is 11 to 15 Ah...
2015-10-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

edimitchel Posted at 2015-10-19 00:30
Hello !

I've fixed the first issue : the problem was effectively caused by end points settings. Ho ...

Ok I thought it might be end points...on your battery levels, I think you might be a little low...I personally run 21.5 first level and 21.2 second level (but thats just me)...20.9 doesnt give you much time to get back and on the ground. As far as the batteries, I cant help you there...I only run either 16,000 or a 21,000 battery
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules