iOS 9.0.2 New FW, DJI GO 2.20 LAG, LAG, LAG...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

After a thorough day of testing, the new iOS FW doesn't work with the new DJI GO app and new P3P FW in my case, with an iPad 2 mini.  Glitch, glitch, glitch... did I mention the glitches?  On the ground, 5 feet in the air, 100 meters away, 300 meters away, the screen goes black anywhere from 3-10 seconds repeatedly, loss of signal as well, app crashed once in three batteries worth of flying.  When I switched on IOC my screen went black and stayed black until I switched it off.  

The previous iOS FW 8.4.1 and P3P FW 1.3.20 and DJI Go 2.0.0 worked flawlessly.  Since Apple quit signing the 8.4.1 FW this week I am stuck with 9.0.2.  My bird is grounded until the new updates come.

2015-10-3
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Yes, I am never one to jump on the new iOS version bandwagon and a couple days after it was out this was put up on the forum: http://forum.dji.com/thread-31763-1-1.html

I always wait a couple weeks or more before going to some new version and scan the internet for problems before I make the jump.   The new GO app is within a couple days of being released by Apple that is suppose to fix iOS 9 problems so you would need to make the jump to that because what do you have to lose?   Hope it comes out quick and you can tell us if it fixes those problems.

Good Luck
2015-10-3
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-3 20:24
Yes, I am never one to jump on the new iOS version bandwagon and a couple days after it was out this ...

Me neither.  My iPhone 4S is still on iOS 6, the best iOS to date.  My iPad mini decided to freeze up on me the day after Apple stopped signing the 8.4.1 FW so i had no choice.  We should be able to run any iOS FW we want, but...

I just downgraded to FW 1.3.20 and DJI GO 2.0.0 (fortunately I always keep old versions of my apps).  Upon starting up... no lag anymore.  We'll see in a test run tomorrow, and if it lags... grounded for the time being.
2015-10-3
Use props
lb
lvl.1

Italy

Same here.....
2015-10-4
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-3 20:54
Me neither.  My iPhone 4S is still on iOS 6, the best iOS to date.  My iPad mini decided to freeze ...

After going back to FW 1.3.20 and DJI Go 2.0.0 with my iPad mini 2 and iOS 9.0.2 it performs perfectly, no lag, no glitches, everything functions as normal.  A full 3 battery test run with zero glitches, very good video performance as well.  For now it is a good combo so I will stay with this until the next update from DJI and then wait a while before I do any upgrading because this next FW is in the HURRY/PANIC mode and I can imagine a lot of bugs will pop up in the next update.
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules