United States

This looks awesome!
2015-10-3
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Why does every other, quad, hex or octocopter need a gimbal, and this, shall we call it a tandem, apparently does not.
Love the idea of an integrated 30 Mp camera though.  The new zenmuse for the inspire at 16 Mp does not cut it for me, especially as it is small sensor Micro 4/3.
Also the battery, is it really big enough to give 60 minutes flight time?
2015-10-3
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I believe this is a concept. I'll wait till it is in mass production and flying for real. Neat pictures though.
2015-10-3
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Gatorone30 Posted at 2015-10-4 00:47
I believe this is a concept. I'll wait till it is in mass production and flying for real. Neat pictu ...

I think this is only a concept , don't think they even have a prototype working... So far far far away from production...
2015-10-3
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That's a design concept, nothing more. Something a designer drew on a computer. I very much doubt there are any plans whatsoever to turn this into production.
2015-10-3
Use props
g.klein6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1549140 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fake
2015-10-3
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No, fake would be if the creator had claimed it's real, which I don't believe he has.

It's a design concept, something designers do all the time. Plenty of those out there of all kinds of things. Phones, cars, houses, you name it.
2015-10-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is concept that at this time needs a ton of work. I have a Telsa type fan on my wood stove to move the heat around. It works fine as long as there is heat. No Heat, No Fan.

Maybe someday!
2015-10-3
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The Devil is in the details.  Going from a imaginative drawing to an actual working prototype involves a lot more than pretty pixels.

2015-10-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As already has been said, this is a concept. From what I can see there is no company behind this even, it looks to be a single guy with some 3D modelling skills and lots of time on his hands. I doubt that Tesla even know about this, much less endorse it, and might be a little angry to see their name on it.

I certainly don't buy into the 'no need for a gimbal' idea and even less into the idea of a completely fixed camera with no ability to move other than the movement afforded by the aircraft.

Pretty images, that's all.
2015-10-3
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

I hope that Tesla does make a drone. That will help with the public excepting our hobby.  If it's good enough for Élan Musk to make these then it's ok and not as bad as the press is making them out to be.  

-Dog
2015-10-4
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

First of all...  This "design concept" has NOTHING TO DO WITH TESLA.  The Elon Musk and the engineers at Tesla probably have never even seen these drawings.

Just some drawings and computer renders made up by a kid playing with his computer.  (He does NOT even work at Tesla.)

The design is fundamentally flawed in that there is no way to vector the thrust from the rotors and keep it stable.

Just because someone draws a pretty picture and posts it on the web does not make it real.
2015-10-4
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Interesting concept.  Lets see if it make it into production.
2015-10-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Frankly, I doubt it could even fly.
2015-10-4
Use props
mjarnac
lvl.2

United States

Pretty cool
2015-10-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

pretty talented coreldraw photoshop and 3D max master, beautiful design. But if this concept works, then physics laws are not working
2015-10-4
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Not impressed what so ever....
2015-10-5
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

liningiv Posted at 2015-10-4 00:32
Why does every other, quad, hex or octocopter need a gimbal, and this, shall we call it a tandem,  ...

Just addressing the "need a gimbal" part.  The Parrot Bebop shoots pretty decent 1080p footage and has a fixed camera.  However, the camera view is fully controllable so you can still move it to view other areas just like a gimbal allows.  The stabilization is software, so even when the craft is upside down, the video is recorded right side up.  

It's no Phantom 3 by any means but a terrific starter.  Although I do find that it is quite a bit more durable than a $1300  quad. heh.  
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules