New Phantom 2V+ (DOA)
1428 5 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I just received my P2V+ that I purchased used from BH and the gimbal is DOA.

I tried controlling the camera on iPhone but it would only point straight down and never gain control again. I did this with everything powered on but no props and not spinning as I was indoors just trying to learn camera control. BH says to send it back for replacement, I prefer to try fixing myself to avoid 2 weeks of UPS (during the holidays...) Thoughts??? I did advanced calibrate the IMU, calibrate the compass.....Sounds like a WiFi communication problem? But then it wouldn't point the camera down on the first press of arrow.....Please help guys......Thank you!

Thanks!!!
2014-12-16
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You only need 2 pins to hold the camera to the body.  Recalibrate all your controls after you do any updates you might need before you go flying.  If you have not flown a Phantom before,  READ the manual.  You can download it from this website.
2014-12-16
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

If your P2V+ is version 3.0 (RC has pitch wheel), please select 'upgrade version' in the RC page of assistant software.
And do 'X1 calibration'
2014-12-17
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

Dboy Posted at 2014-12-17 16:50
If your P2V+ is version 3.0 (RC has pitch wheel), please select 'upgrade version' in the RC page of  ...

It's version 2.0
2014-12-17
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE!!!

I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it out! The desktop app shows two remotes, The basic shows a slide lever on the underside, my controller does NOT have that. The Upgrade looks exactly like my controller UNLESS you roll the mouse over the wording UPGRADE you will find the photo changes to include the roller wheel in the corner. Once I change to Basic controller (matches my model number) and re-calibrated, the tilt for gimbal on IPhone app works! BHPhoto wanted me to send the unit back for replacement...I knew there was an easy user error fix! I just wish DJI had a tech support department! They referred me to a local service center who told me they are not accepting anymore units as they are backlogged! Time for first flight!
2014-12-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

FirstDroneInspi Posted at 2014-12-18 01:31
UPDATE!!!

I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it  ...

Hi,
For any further questions, you can find help in this forum, DJI hotline or email.
Sometimes the troubleshooting is quite simple as you mentioned. We wish everybody could have a quick solution before repair.
Please read the user manual in DJI website before the first trial
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
Have a nice flight!
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules