P3 Standard no wifi connection
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edward p
New

Puerto Rico

Brand new P3 Standard purchased from Amazon and very frustated with it. Basic start up operation failed because the wifi signal from the P3 does not show up on my smartphone. Tried IOS and Android devices with the same result. Waited for several minutes, tried off and on resets with no positive results. Do I have a defective unit?   Just in case, noticed that the camera gets pretty hot to the touch while the P3 is sitting in stand by mode. I dont know if this is normal operating condition.

2015-10-3
Use props
alessandrowr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172431 ft
Hong Kong

Same problem here and I dont seem to find any answer. Good luck!
2015-10-22
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

OK So just to be clear, the WiFi signal does not come from the P3, it comes from the radio controller.  You can leave the phantom off - power on the RC, and look for the wifi network.  If that's what you're doing and you're still not seeing the wifi network, it sounds like the RC may be defective.
2015-10-23
Use props
bgray85
New

United States

I am not receiving wifi either, can't connect to drone... thus cannot fly. Anyone find a solution?
2015-12-14
Use props
rdflyer123
New

United States

bgray85 Posted at 2015-12-14 14:32
I am not receiving wifi either, can't connect to drone... thus cannot fly. Anyone find a solution?

I am having the same issue.  were you able to determine what the cause of the problem was?
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules