Waypoint navigation for Inspire 1
1689 5 2015-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronesOn&On
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have been experimenting with the 'Waypoints' feature of my Inspire 1 and have been unable to work out how to achieve the following. The manual doesn't explain it, nor can I find any training videos that cover these points either, so any advice on these would be much appreciated:

1) Once I have programmed the waypoints into the App, pressed 'Apply', they have uploaded to the aircraft and it has started its 'Mission', I am able to 'Hide' the pop-up navigation pane (on the right hand side of the screen) to get a better view of what I am filming. However I haven't been able to work out how to make this pop-up navigation pane re-appear again during the Mission, so that I can 'Pause' or 'Exit' the Mission before it's finished. What am I missing?

2) Is there a way to save a Mission to 'Favourites' after you have programmed the waypoints into the App but BEFORE clicking 'Apply' to start the mission. Occasionally I find I've not got enough battery power left after programming the waypoints to then be able to complete the Mission.

Any help with these queries would be much appreciated.

2015-10-4
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once Nav mode is activated you can bring up the Fmode window by looking for the option between the Satellite icon and status bar.. You can save any mission but not a partially flown mission. Remember you can also build and save missions of using the simulator on iOS.
2015-10-4
Use props
DronesOn&On
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-4 16:15
Once Nav mode is activated you can bring up the Fmode window by looking for the option between the S ...

Thanks for your help 'DJI-BladeStrike', icon found - can't believe I didn't see it before!

Also tried your suggestion of using the Flight Simulator to program the waypoints without actually having to fly the Inspire1 to do it, but found the simulator prevented me from enlarging the 'Map' view to full screen which means the map is just too small to make this practical.

Have you found a way round this, that enables you to have the map at full screen and maximum zoom so that you can plot a reasonably accurate path of waypoints?
2015-10-12
Use props
DronesOn&On
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-12 15:17
Use the PC version of the simulator instead.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23884-1-1.html

Thank you Paul, I'll take a look!
2015-10-13
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-4 17:15
Once Nav mode is activated you can bring up the Fmode window by looking for the option between the S ...

Yes, using the Flight Sim might be a way to go, but only having the small map does not help you very much if you normally fly in places where there are no streets.
2015-11-25
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Hey Paul

Thanks for this.
Did try the link, perhaps the wrong one, because all I landed up with is a lot of Chinese stuff which I struggled to get rid of :-(
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules