Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 Pro
1417 8 2015-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huracan
New

United States

Hi All,

Im looking into getting a drone for scenic & car videos but was wondering what everyone's thought is on the new Inspire 1 Pro.

Do you think its work the extra ~1800 or should I stick with the inspire 1?

Thanks!
2015-10-4
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get the latest, better long term investment. I am going to sell mine and get the new one as well
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying a preproduction unit for the last month.  I really enjoy it and the control over the camera with focus and aperture is wonderful.
2015-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 14:48
I have been flying a preproduction unit for the last month.  I really enjoy it and the control over  ...

Ed,

Are the motors the same KV or are they slightly larger? I saw a unboxing video with a new part number on the motor.  Are you using the new style props, if so how do you like them?

Rich
2015-10-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

If you earn money with it I would buy the pro. If its only for your fun and you want to do car videos I would wait until a 4K 60p camera is available. For any moving targets you will sure throw away any 30p cam when the 60p cams arrive. So think what value it has for you - next year you will sure want a new camera.
2015-10-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-10-4 21:35
Ed,

Are the motors the same KV or are they slightly larger? I saw a unboxing video with a new par ...

I don't know.  The motors look the same to me and the performance seems the same as my Inspire with X3.  Again the specs have not been posted so I don't know.  When I was in China the PM asked me if I wanted one and I said sure.  Brought it back with me on the plane.  I like the props.  They are the same as my other two Inspires so no difference.
2015-10-5
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@Tahoe_Ed  do you like the method on how the props are locked in? Is the inspire 1 pro larger than the inspire 1? I haven't purchased a hard case just yet waiting to here if you upgrade if the case will be useable.
2015-10-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-5 08:26
I don't know.  The motors look the same to me and the performance seems the same as my Inspire wit ...

Thanks for commenting Ed. I guess we will need to wait and see if they make any changes to What's in the Box.

So you say these are the same props as you have on your other Inspires? I thought they looked different, the rotating hub and props looked different than the QR props.  Or did you not get these shown in the video that is circulating?

Rich
2015-10-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-10-5 19:06
Thanks for commenting Ed. I guess we will need to wait and see if they make any changes to What's  ...

Rich you are correct.  I am sorry but the Inspire 1 Pro that I am flying does not have the new props.  I have the same QR props as on the current Inspire 1.  I guess I will have to wait until I get a production unit.
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules