DJI takes drone for service, sends back without my batteries..now what
1179 7 2015-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

I have sent my drone in exactly as the guy on the phone instructed me to.  The two batteries in the case (One 5700mah and one regular).

They return my drone today without my batteires.  I literally can't use it after waiting 2 months for it to be returned.

Guess they want me to buy 2 more batteries at $400+ dollars?  

I've emailed, called, yelled, sued my dealer who sold it to me.  What else do you have to do to get service around here?
2015-10-4
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

The drone was sent in for repair in July.  It's Oct. now and I still can't use it.
2015-10-4
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I sent my Inspire 1 in for an RMA, I sent in the batteries because online chat told me to do so. However, over the phone, they told me NOT to send in the batteries. It was too late and I already sent them everything including my batteries. They said it was fine.

When I received my Inspire 1 back from DJI, I got TWO boxes. One with the aircraft, and the other WITH THE BATTERIES. There was a special BATTERY label sticker on that box.
I got it via FedEx, and in the tracking, it said "2 PIECE SHIPMENT"

Perhaps they did send it and the 2nd box is lost in transit?
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have already requested RMA number from this user. He still has not provided it to us. I'm sorry DJI doesn't need to steal batteries.
2015-10-5
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I don't understand why DJI needs your batteries, props or anything other than the drone? Can anyone explain? If you purchase extra batteries what is the need for them to have all your batteries and gear? That doesn't make sense to me.

I also agree with Blade there is no reason for DJI to keep your batteries that would be redicuolous to say the least!

Wait... I posted a little too fast! You sued your dealer? For what? Being in sales? Everybody is so damn Tort Happy!
2015-10-5
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@dmx - please tell me you didn't sue your local dealer man? You have to keep in mind that he is a small mom/pop shop and just making the sale. He is not the manufacturer. Everyone needs to slow down. DJI is not a scamming business and trust me and I hate saying those words, but DJI has no reason to keep your batteries or do any harm to you. They want to generate revenue and give great customer service. It is difficult dealing with people that are in such a rush. Everyone wants everything yesterday. Keep in mind DJI is located in China! Not the USA. So there is a time frame.
I hope I never have to send mine in for repairs but if I do I'll be sure not to blast them over the mountain top. There are ethical ways of handing things and then the donut way.
Just my opinion!
2015-10-5
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-5 22:43
@dmx - please tell me you didn't sue your local dealer man? You have to keep in mind that he is a sm ...

I haven't sued them yet, but the thing about suing a small biz like that.  They'll jump thru rings of fire to make things right.  They know it's cheaper.  They'll also get DJi involved.  I don't intend to ruin their biz.  Just apply enough pressure that they get DJI to fix it
2015-10-23
Use props
dmx11523
lvl.1

United States

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-5 11:48
I don't understand why DJI needs your batteries, props or anything other than the drone? Can anyone  ...

Because it's the only way to get things done.  I call them, they disconnect,  they say things are done, and I call weeks later, not done.   They don't take control/charge of their mistakes.  It's bad enough my drone is unusable 90% of the first year I own it.  Now without a warranty.  Then to be horrible on fixing things or resolving issues they caused.  That's why you sue.  They don't want to play ball, till they're made too.   Stealing or forgetting parts, I mean come on.  This is biz 101.  Get it together DJI.  I have noticed a huge uptick in quality in service/calls resolution but it's still absolutely horrible.

Here's how you handle it DJI.  You say, we'll resolve this and send you the replacement batteries and you move on to the next customer.  If you made a mistake, own up to it and overnight me my crap. It's been weeks and 4 phone calls.  If you as the company truly don't think you did wrong, at very worst.  "Hey customer, here's a coupon to buy new ones at a discount"

This company literally drops you like crashing zone, the moment they have the $3k out of you for the drone. I'm ok with long time frames. just say so upfront ignore me for 8 weeks.
I'm ok with sending it in for repair, just don't make it hell to do so.
2015-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules