Commercial Use???
1262 1 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lilly8812
New

United States

NO commercial use mandate at this time apparently.   Any one have any information on how to .. or when?   

I am a landscape photographer who sell prints and digital licensing of photography.     I would like to delve into use of drones for a new perspective but it appears I would be unable to sell any images or video. (?)

That unfortunately makes the drone just and expense toy...

Thoughts?  Comments appreciated.

Chris
2014-12-16
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, you have to walk before you can run - you should delve into the hobby and learn as much as you can. That's often done by flying the machines. You didn't become a talented photographer (I hope) and go commercial the first times you picked up your camera.

As to the laws and guidelines - I think it's fair to say "it depends" in this sense. I have pictures taken from mountaintops which cannot in any way be identified as whether I took them standing there- or from a drone. The same might go for you in some situations - heck, you can set up a 40 foot pole and take pics from that....

What is officially commercial can be a gray area..especially in relatively low volume. Example - you are contracted to shoot a wedding or a special garden and 90% of the photos are at the ground and a few from the air. I really doubt the FAA is going to come knocking on your door. In fact, a few books of drone photography are being sold.

http://www.amazon.com/Drone-Art- ... Kilby/dp/0989929507

2014-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules