200-300BC Iron Age Hut Site, North Yorkshire Moors
1118 3 2015-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Another grey and dull day yesterday so nipped out to firstly find and then shoot this Iron Age hut site on the North Yorkshire Moors. If you were out hiking on the moors you would probably pass by and not even know it was there. Pottery has been found dated to around 200 to 300BC on the site. It's a very short clip so please take a look.

2015-10-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love it..

Have many of these around where I live and it would be easy to just walk past it without noticing.. Aerial Photography shows it very well
2015-10-5
Use props
DarrenDCClark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-5 13:25
Love it..

Have many of these around where I live and it would be easy to just walk past it without  ...

Thanks Sploodge. Someone found this in a book of aerial photography done many years ago and he thought I might be interested so decided take a look for it. Had to try to find it on Google Earth first as we were not sure exactly where it was on the moors. Might sit and have another look around on Google Earth and see what other treasures are hidden!
2015-10-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarrenDCClark Posted at 2015-10-5 14:35
Thanks Sploodge. Someone found this in a book of aerial photography done many years ago and he tho ...

I always scout using Google Maps and look at other pictures people have taken of the location before I go with the P3.. By the time I get there I normally know exactly where I will take off from and how I want the shots too look. Saves a load of time..
2015-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules