Altitude wrong
759 3 2015-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

I use two wookong's in two separate platforms. The second one often display wrong altitute when the craft is on ground. For example, the "good" wookong say's 0,0 meters and the problem says -2.4 meters. I calibrate the unit and then display the same altitude for 2-3 flights then it starts again to give me negative altitude. Of cource the field altitude is not negative..
What do you think? It is a problem of the unit or something it is happen to the setup?
The only confused i had is, the craft with the problem, has too closely the ESC's (7cm) to the IMU so the question is, can this affect the altitude or the whole unit? It is a solution to remove far away from the IMU?

2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temperature and humidity can play with the Barometer during warmup. Does this correct itself after take off?
2015-10-5
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-5 18:58
Temperature and humidity can play with the Barometer during warmup. Does this correct itself after t ...

Im not sure. Im looking to check it because when i see this wrong altitude, always  im gona re-callibrate it before take off.
In fact, if YES, it is normall? If NO what can i do? Also i cannot find the way to how can i  calibrate the IMU (not the compass/gps)..
2015-10-5
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-5 19:13
Im not sure. Im looking to check it because when i see this wrong altitude, always  im gona re-call ...

As you can see at the attachment in the data viewer, GPS altimeter is OK and barometer is negative in all of statments of flight. Is out there any calibration info about barometer? The only calibration i know is the compass/gps..

failure

failure
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules