How do I increase the maximum radius for waypoint flying?
7612 15 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikej83
lvl.1

United States

When plotting waypoints on the iPhone app I am limited to a 500m radius around the home point. Is there any way to increase the maxium radius? I updated the maxium radius using the PC app but it looks like that value is ignored by the iPhone app.
2014-12-16
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

I believe its a limit in the app. Most likely for safety reasons.
2014-12-16
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Where you change the maxium radius in Ass?
2014-12-16
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You change it in the app like others have said, but remember you need to have enough power to get home, and power needed in one direction might not be the same in the other due to the elements.
2014-12-17
Use props
mikej83
lvl.1

United States

I don't see this option in the iPhone app, is it on Android only?

2014-12-18
Use props
hotshotraley576
lvl.1
United States

Hey Mr. umpa you have everyone excited & interested in knowing how to go FARTHER Than a lousy 500M for the Waypoints using the Iphone app...

I know friends who have even put away the new drone waiting for this to be fixed because that was a major reason why they got it to use the Iphone app to set far way points as far as 2.5 miles each direction...

So whats up DJI anyone out there know the secret?
2014-12-18
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yes there is an android app I have been made aware of that removes this restriction.  However to go that distance is just asking for trouble. Your going to lose your drone if you keep pushing the envelope.  These restrictions are there for safety.
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mikej83@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-19 11:16
I don't see this option in the iPhone app, is it on Android only?

Using the Assistant app on the computer, you can adjust the flight radius.
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-20 01:30
Using the Assistant app on the computer, you can adjust the flight radius.

Let us know how to find that r where it is in the APP.  I have never seen the adjustment in the app on the computer to change maximum radius for applying waypoints.
2014-12-19
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-20 01:29
Yes there is an android app I have been made aware of that removes this restriction.  However to go  ...

I'm not going to say there's no risk, as there obviously is, but I've sent my P2V+ out of the 500m range using the hacked app many times with no problems whatsoever. DJI should really have this limit set as a default and allow the user to disable it.
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-20 01:37
Let us know how to find that r where it is in the APP.  I have never seen the adjustment in the ap ...

Its where you can alter the altitude and distance in Naza-M mode like Autumn has said.
Then you will need the hacked App to remove the restriction on the mobile.
But don't do it, last thing we need right now is the removal of ground station because some idiot tried to fly to another country or something.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

So, in the provided app that DJI has, you cannot in fact change the distance, you need a "hacked" app to do that.
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-20 02:03
So, in the provided app that DJI has, you cannot in fact change the distance, you need a "hacked" ap ...

Correct - I have not found a way to increase the distance in the official DJI App. But you can in the Assistant app which is what Autumn was suggesting I don't know if that changes things in the official GS, I doubt it will.
2014-12-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

umpa Posted at 2014-12-20 02:10
Correct - I have not found a way to increase the distance in the official DJI App. But you can in  ...

As far as i know we can only adjust the flight radius in the Assistant, which won't change the maximum radius of GS.
Sorry for making you misunderstanding...I just asked that out of curiousity
2014-12-21
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Use a better antenna.
2014-12-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Setting maximum distance in waypoints on the DJI provided APP is impossible.  You need the "hacked" app.
2014-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules